• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom amiibo displays and storage

ChristianPonte

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChristianPonte
So I initially intended to keep many amiibo in their boxes (except for the ones I want to actually use) in my collection, but they're already taking up so much space that I've started considering opening them and making a custom display.

But then a friend of my site's news editor went and made this:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/11/24/this-amiibo-stand-is-your-final-destination/

(more pics at the link above, including a WIP pic)

I'm probably not going to do anything quite as elaborate, but I'm intrigued by the creativity. Has anyone made or seen any other ideas for custom displays or storage for all their amiibo?

ChristianPonte

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChristianPonte
While I don't plan on making anything so bulky, there's just something about handmade models that makes a project like this so appealing.

Perhaps something like the platform used to display the Trophy Horde in-game might be an alternate option?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
New one, Hyrule Castle:

http://www.thetanooki.com/2014/12/2...ed-after-hyrule-castle-from-super-smash-bros/

Other than our friend, I really haven't seen many other custom amiibo displays, at least none nearly as elaborate.
Hm. that makes me wonder if they possibly implemented Hyrule Castle 64 as a DLC stage if it could support eight player smash....

I'm just putting mine on a shelf above my monitor. :p I am putting a couple of those little Mario dioramas up there, though.
Mine are right next to my TV for right now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom