• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Curisu's Tech Post (Featuring moving Z-drops and Reverse Boost Blade)

Curisu

Smash Cadet
It has been a while since I've seen any new tech posts on this board. I am hoping to bring some enlightenment to those who may be able to take advantage of this tech, but have not figured it out on their own.

C-Drop!
C-Drop (short for Curisu Drop, ahah... no really, short for C-Stick Dropping)
C-Dropping is a tech that allows you to Z-Drop your metal blade, regardless of the position of the left analog stick. This means that you can z-drop your metal blade without losing any of your aerial momentum.

To perform it, tilt stick must be on.
The inputs are :GCRT:+:GCCUR: (while in the air)
That's it... Simple right? It is just shield and nair. If you time it right, you won't air dodge and the metal blade will fall as if you pressed :GCN:+:GCZ:. This would be super easy if you had a button for nair ;) ;).

Back Throw Super Glide Toss (DITCIT/Boost Blade) with the GC controller
As far as I know, no one has posted about this before. I have always been told that you can only do it on the wii-mote/nunchuk. I believed them.... for a while. Then one day I decided to figure it out anyway. (and I did, muahahahaha)

AB Smash must be on. Tap jump must be off. First I would like to reiterate the inputs for the forward and up toss methods.

Up Toss
:GCR: > :GCA:> :GCA:+:GCB:+:GCU:

Forward Toss
:GCR: > :GCA:> :GCA:+:GCB:+:GCUR:

But did you know that this is also possible?
Up Toss
:GCR: > :GCN:> :GCA: > :GCA:+:GCB:+:GCU:
Forward Toss
:GCR: > :GCN:> :GCA: > :GCA:+:GCB:+:GCUR:

With that in mind.
Backwards Toss
:GCR: > :GCN:> :GCA: > :GCA:+:GCB:+:GCUL:

Just to clarify, the angle required for the back toss is the same as the forward toss. You can't just go directly backwards. Just make sure you press A when the analog is in the neutral position.

~Enjoy

Top Bottom