• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Curious PSA Gimmick: Default PM freezes but Wifi-safe doesn't

Phans

Smash Cadet
I wanted to replace Game and Watch and Diddy Kong because I hate literally everything about them. I envy those who like Game and Watch, since he, is at any rate, a very unique fighter, but I don't envy those who like Diddy Kong, since to my knowledge such persons do not exist and I must say that I rather enjoy existing.

I did so with this thoroughly excellent Cloud Strife PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=17084
and this unpolished yet better than Diddy Kong Sephiroth PSA: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27326
Everything was well and dandy, with the usual exception that attempting to dodge midair with either of them or ending any event with Sephiroth (a match, training mode, multi-man melee, etc.) would crash the game in the usual manner. The midair dodge issue was old news and no problem, since I keep my shields turned off, but Sephiroth's obstinate commitment to freeze the game rather than voluntarily cede the screen was new. If anyone can explain it, they're welcome to, though that's not why I'm here.
Here's the matter.
When I switched from the wifi-safe back to the normal codeset, matches with either of them proceeded as such:
3!
2!
1!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Which is, of course, a crash. Entering training mode proceeded as such:
Ready!
[meter depletes, but doesn't disappear]
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Which is also a crash. And so on and so forth.

Any explanation, or even better, solution?
Thanks in advance.

Phans

Smash Cadet
Update: I switched back to the wifi-safe pack because I liked my PSAs. I figured out that I could fight as Sephiroth by using all star mode: I'd select him as my first two lives, then something else for the last two. It worked - once. I've since been unable to replicate it.

Phans

Smash Cadet
Another update: I'm fairly certain the problem lies within the .gct. If anyone with more knowledge of it could enlighten me, that would be most triumphant.

Top Bottom