- Dec 17, 2014
- 3DS FC
- Switch FC
- SW 4265 6024 9719
In the middle are Coach, Nick, Ellis, and Rochelle, the survivors from 2. Between them are Louis, Zoey, Francis, and Bill, the survivors from 1.
Who are the survivors?
The protagonists of the 4-player co-op shooter series Left 4 Dead. Having not succumbed to the Green Flu, these groups of 4 teamed up to survive the zombie apocalypse, dealing with their differences along the way. In L4D1, we have:
- Bill, the Vietnam veteran who leads their team and is glad to have another enemy to fight.
- Francis, the cocky biker who hates everything except vests and steam (He does hate steam pipes, however.)
- Louis, the optimistic office worker
- Zoey, the college girl who spent more time watching zombie movies than actually studying
- Coach, the team's father figure who is a high school football coach that loves eating
- Ellis, the childlike mechanic with a lot of stories to tell
- Nick, the ex-convict gambler who only gets along with the others because that's the only way he'll survive
- Rochelle, the news producer sent to Georgia to cover the outbreak only to get caught in it
Why the L4D Survivors?
While Half-Life, Portal etc. are also very popular and influential Valve franchises, L4D's success is nothing to ignore either, having influenced various other co-op shooters such as Payday: The Heist, Deep Rock Galactic, and the video game adaptation of World War Z. Those who've watched 2020's Game Awards would've seen trailers for two games inspired by it: Evil Dead: The Game, and Back 4 Blood, a spiritual successor made by Turtle Rock Studios, who worked on the first L4D. L4D is also surprisingly popular in Japan due to its linear, co-op gameplay, leading to the arcade game Left 4 Dead: Survivors and plenty of Japanese content on the Steam Workshop.
What would they do?Alongside the various items they procure along their journeys, such as Molotov cocktails, axes, and chainsaws, they could also play in a similar manner to Jill Valentine in Marvel vs. Capcom 2, "summoning" zombies to assist them, also letting you feel like the game's AI Director. These special infected include:
- The Boomer, a fat infected who pukes on survivors to attract a horde, this puke would be changed to increase the amount of damage an enemy takes instead.
- The Hunter, an agile infected who pounces on targets before clawing them to death (The survivor would probably shoot the Hunter off before this happens)
- The Smoker, an infected with a long tongue who uses it to pull targets close to him.
- The Charger, an infected with one big arm and one little arm who charges towards groups of survivors, grabbing one and knocking away the others. I imagine only the latter would be shown off.
- The Spitter, who spits acid for area denial.