• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U CT Scene

Saya~

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chimeralolz
So as businesses close our CT scene grows more and more scarce. We have a newer place in Norwalk called Game Haven that had just opened and did their first Smash tourney. Game Haven was awesome, and I met some cool people, but we really need another place more centered to accommodate all regions. We need to grow the scene, and newer players won't drive from the northeastern regions all the way to Norwalk just to lose first round. Now that Hall of Gaming is closed, I believe there's a new place in Wallingford called Dragon's Lair, but I don't know if they plan on doing Smash, as I just see Magic at the moment, but calls can be made.

I talked to a friend who owns a card shop today about hosting monthlies, but he wasn't interested. Just wanted to see if anyone else had ideas to throw around. Might be time to start renting some American Legions in central CT before the scene gets worse. I just feel like we need to actively get things rolling again. I dunno, just my 2 cents, I'm going to try and talk to some card shops etc this week that have potential.

Also, who's still alive thread? I used to go as Omega back in the Melee days.
NNID: Chimeralolz
Maining Rosa.

Last edited:

swaffles

Smash Rookie
NNID
rchriste
I agree. I live in the northeast and have recently been looking for my first tournament to join but there doesn't seem to be anything nearby!

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
For those looking for Connecticut events, I'll be hosting Game Haven's monthly for Melee, Wii U and Project M on 12/27. The venue is a newly opened LAN Center.

Thread & info here

They also hold a fight night every Tuesday night, FGC/Smash casuals are available for $10. Wii U players have shown up a bit for that too.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Hall of Gaming is now a part of Wallingford Computer center at 144 Center Street, Wallingford, CT. The new venue is pretty great and accommodates a healthy amount of people for bi-weeklies upstairs. The basement has been undergoing renovations and so far can hold a promising 100+ for the potential of holding larger scaled tournaments. Our end goal would be to get the whole Tristate area including MA and RI to travel to this venue for potential regionals, as the travel is equidistant for every state coming to the center of CT.

Here is a link to the next upcoming Bi-weekly: https://www.facebook.com/events/1554656751492626/

Top Bottom