• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSS Hand Cursors Snap to HMN/CPU Button after selecting a tag.

Dariencove

Smash Rookie
When you select a tag in the game, the hand does not move after selecting the tag.

I've been working on a little python script that automatically records matches when they are played, and can read the tags off of the CSS for use in the title of the recorded match.

The issue is that if you select a tag and the CSS hand cursor is over the tag there is no way to read the tag unless the CSS hand cursor is manually moved off of the tag.

An example is like this:

But what I'm looking for is this:

It just needs to be ANYWHERE except not on top of the tag, and only for a few frames, enough to capture the tag without any hands on it.

I am aware that I can just read the tags off of the top of the character's heads while in the match, but the problems with that are that a) the tags on the CSS are ALWAYS in the exact same spot making it much easier to find them b) the recording will already start by the time the tags are read. If I can get them from the CSS I can simply name the recording before it even starts.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Custom Cursor Snap After Selecting Name Tag (1.02) [Achilles]
C2263DB0 00000004
981F001A 3C80804A
60840BC0 1C1C0004
7C84002E 3C00C1A8
90040010 00000000

Let me know if it's what you are looking for.

Last edited:

Dariencove

Smash Rookie
The image you linked is exactly the behavior I am looking for.

Unfortunately, when I tried loading the code in dolphin it crashes dolphin whenever I try to load it, and when I tried loading it via ocarina it also doesn't load, but I only really have dios mios/nintendont to load it with.

How would I go about loading this? I'm probably just doing something wrong on my end.

Edit: I downloaded a new version of dolphin instead of the debug version I was messing around with, and the code works great! The only thing I need to do now is figure out how to get it on console, but at least I know that the code acts correctly.

Double Edit: I made my own gct and just launched it with that on my wii, everything seems to work perfectly. An added bonus is due to the way the cursor gets put UNDER the name tag, I'll probably be able to attempt to template match the portraits of the characters and be able to put those in the title as well!

Last edited:
Top Bottom