• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cruel Melee, Getting 5 kills

IceEmblem

Smash Journeyman
Constantly inside a R.O.B Halloween Costume
I got 15 no problem with Ike, with a bit of AI abuse.

Hang off the edge of the stage, jump up and hold away from the edge. With any luck, none of them will land a hit before you get away.

Get yourself quite far out, being lower than the stage, then use your midair jump to get underneath the ledge and use Aether to get back to hanging on the ledge.

A lot of the time the dumb AI will follow you too far off the ledge, and due to the non-flinching frames at the start of the move, these enemies won't be able to deal knockback, and you'll get safely back to the ledge while their lack of recovery causes them to fall to their death!

Aether can also spike them on the way down, so occasionally you'll be able to kill a few of them directly if they're hanging around off the ledge when you recover.

Good luck!

This idea is genius, did you make that up, or get it from a website.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
I got 12 by using Kirby's cutter. Stay above your opponents when using it, and float away from the edge. While comingdown, grab the edge, and usually, you'll get 1 or 2 (3 if your lucky) alloids to fall. Don't jump to repeat the process. Fall from the platform, float up, and do it again.

The trick is staying just far away enough from the edge to hit alloids, but grab back onto the edge as you fall.

XxLunar_KnightxX

Smash Rookie
the Pit bait techinque looks like its the simplest, aside from the Ike b up spam. Kirby stone technique is ok but it takes a long while. I think the safest way to go is probably Jiggs/Kirby/Pit/Meta Knight and bait them off the field.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I got 14 kills with Ganondorf.

I just hang up in the edge and fall and jump so they get closer. When they are close, use an attack move. If any of them is close enough, he or she will end up behind you, so you just meteor smash them and hand in the edge again.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
I just used Lucas and PKT2 bombed from the side of the stage over and over.

I imagine it works just as well with Ness, too.

Moonvale

Smash Rookie
I just got this today, took me about 45 minutes of trying, but I finally succeeded, at least at the first part, and got 6 kills in Cruel Brawl. I used Ike, and when the match started, would immediately roll to the edge and was able to hit all four opponents with one smash-hit from his sword. I kept this up to kill the first four, and used counter at times too if they got too close. When I got knocked flying, I would get close to the edge where they were gathered, then do Ike's Up+B move, but make sure I still only grabbed the ledge, I ended up knocking two more down with that Up+B. Died right after, but it worked.

zarkawi

Smash Cadet
best thing i've seen was with pit, it got me 10 pretty easily. all you do is hang on the edge, jump off and take 2 midair to the outside, then take 1 back and use your up-b to get to the other side. This will get you kills untill only green alloys are left lol. but it's really simple so if you need something trty it

ook

Smash Lord
I got about 15 with Dedede.

Jump far away from the edge, just far enough to be able to get back with up-b (his up-b goes really far horizontally) and use it. If you did it right, the alloys will jump at you as you're coming back. They'll jump JUST past the edge, enough to get spiked from his up-b coming down. It'll spike a couple of them to their deaths :dizzy:

then just do it over again

Xnpio

Smash Cadet
I got 16 with Diddy..

roll to ledge, then drop off it, and either Fair or jump away from it so they try and jump off.. then charge the jet-pack (up-b) so that you shoot yourself straight to the ledge.. If they jump off the platform, Dair them down.. (gets rid of greens after a few hits).

skopkin

Smash Rookie
help

i have tried doing most of these stratagies at least 10 times and the most kills i can get is 5

i really need help with the 10 kills and the jumping off the side to make them kill themselves is not working. for some reason the alloys are not jumping off like they should or when they do, they always jump back easily.:confused:

also the ike/kirby up B thing works very well, but i cant ever stay alive long enough to get more than 5 kills

if anyone has any suggestions i would really appreciate it.

Top Bottom