• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crt Sizes

OOPP

Smash Rookie
For Super Smash Brothers Melee I use a CRT TV but I was curious if it's to big and if smaller ones are better. My CRT is 30 inches (76.2cm) measured diagonally and it feels good like it has no lag but I was wondering if there is an ideal size for CRT's and if mine is too big? Thank you!

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
I'm not sure if it matters if it is bigger or smaller in the sense of input lag, but I would say bigger is better so the picture quality doesn't look terrible, since quite a few small CRTs have pretty grainy picture quality, at least the ones i've come across.

OOPP

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if it matters if it is bigger or smaller in the sense of input lag, but I would say bigger is better so the picture quality doesn't look terrible, since quite a few small CRTs have pretty grainy picture quality, at least the ones i've come across.
Thank you and yeah I'm starting to think that bigger is better when it comes to CRTs because I was also told that by a friend of mine. Thank you

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Thank you and yeah I'm starting to think that bigger is better when it comes to CRTs because I was also told that by a friend of mine. Thank you
Bigger isn't always better because you want it small enough to be able to carry it to venues and large enough to see clearly what is going on. Something larger than 13" and smaller than 20" is ideal imo.

Ryuphoton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryuphoton
3DS FC
2552-4567-9907
Bigger isn't always better because you want it small enough to be able to carry it to venues and large enough to see clearly what is going on. Something larger than 13" and smaller than 20" is ideal imo.
Yeah, I would agree to that for tournaments. But I was speaking to that from a personal perspective. Should have mentioned that in my post...

Top Bottom