• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crossover: Inevitable? Or Not?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
A though I've been having recently. In a path beginning with Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on Gamecube, we have seen Sonic Team working closer and closer with Nintendo. We have seen many of the newer Sonic games announced first on Nintendo systems, then on others (if they appear on others). Given, the Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 game was PS3 and XBox360 only, but we got Sonic and the Secret Rings.

And now, with Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games, and Sonic appearing in Brawl, could it be only a matter of time until a full fledged Sonic and Mario game is made?

Given, crossovers within non-fighting games are rare (the only one in recent memory that I can think of is the Crash Bandicoot / Spiro crossover), but, what do you guys think? What kind of game do you think it should be (as in, what should happen)? Is it possible?

Please, discuss.

Phoenix_Rising

Smash Cadet
A Sonic and Mario game would be great, maybe they can do it like they made Galaxy, as a platformer based on jumping for Mario stages and based on racing for Sonic stages...

miller483

Smash Ace
Yeah you're right, a Mario and Sonic crossover platform game is pretty likely now. But what I really want to see is Smash Bros crossed over with something.

Smash Bros. vs. Jump! Ultimate Stars anyone?:laugh::laugh:

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Fighting-Adventure, or RPG. What I mean is, definitely, within the next two years.

I want to see Mario and Sonic both get the Super Emeralds and Master Emerald to turn Super-Hyper, then get powered up by all of the Shine Sprites, Power Stars, and Grand Stars, Green Stars, the Millineum Star, Ztars from Mario Party, then they both get a rainbow star from Super Mario Galaxy and duke it out on BattleRock Galaxy combined with Bowser's Paper Mario Castle, Airships and Tanks from SMB3, Mecha Bowser, the Death Egg, Egg Viper, Egg Fleet, and to top it off, That Egg Robot from STH3 that flies in a ship to escape (a machine riding a machine...ingenious! =P) is there. In 3D. There could be a HUGE storyline for this game. The possibilities of reaching back to two of gaming's greatest franchises (the top two) and colecting everything and combining it are so vast, the grains of sand feel outnumbered!

.....Okay, now I'm done. =P

Hey guy in last post, that wouldn't be as cool as this:

CapcomxNamco vs. Marvel & SNK vs. Clayfighter vs. Smash Bros. vs. Jump! Ultimate Stars vs. Guilty Gear.

That's nearly every fighting game franchise (besides DBZ, J:US doesn't have'm all) combined into one game. Ouch.

miller483

Smash Ace
Fighting-Adventure, or RPG. What I mean is, definitely, within the next two years.

I want to see Mario and Sonic both get the Super Emeralds and Master Emerald to turn Super-Hyper, then get powered up by all of the Shine Sprites, Power Stars, and Grand Stars, Green Stars, the Millineum Star, Ztars from Mario Party, then they both get a rainbow star from Super Mario Galaxy and duke it out on BattleRock Galaxy combined with Bowser's Paper Mario Castle, Airships and Tanks from SMB3, Mecha Bowser, the Death Egg, Egg Viper, Egg Fleet, and to top it off, That Egg Robot from STH3 that flies in a ship to escape (a machine riding a machine...ingenious! =P) is there. In 3D. There could be a HUGE storyline for this game. The possibilities of reaching back to two of gaming's greatest franchises (the top two) and colecting everything and combining it are so vast, the grains of sand feel outnumbered!

.....Okay, now I'm done. =P

Hey guy in last post, that wouldn't be as cool as this:

CapcomxNamco vs. Marvel & SNK vs. Clayfighter vs. Smash Bros. vs. Jump! Ultimate Stars vs. Guilty Gear.

That's nearly every fighting game franchise (besides DBZ, J:US doesn't have'm all) combined into one game. Ouch.
But I don't want my Wii to explode.....

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It's spelled "inevitable."

I thought that needed to be said.
Oops, I can't believe I mis-spelled it, thanks for catching me on that one.

Anyway, I thought of Mario stages, like Underground that were changed to cater to Sonic. The Underground would be a mess of Mario pipes that were wider than normal and curved, so that Sonic could run through them. There would be platforms inside, and it'd be a sort of labyrinth.

For vice-versa, it'd probably be easier. The earlier Sonic stages, and the non-racing stages of the newer ones, would be easily shifted into less speedy stages, the older ones had that option already, but were streamlined so that speed would be key.

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if they had a sort of Smash Bros versus with the Nintendo characters and Sony characters or something. Though it'll never happen, it would be fun if it did.

Top Bottom