• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cross vs tristanwin videos (wifi) (VeryyEntertaining)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Tristan you should use the dtilt more you missed a lot of opportunity to start a tilt lock with it.

The dtilt is a great move why don't you use it? ^_^

You also approach with the fair waaay to much gotta spam that bair instead man ;3

Hey cross thanks for the upload man and GG's last night.

..Another thing, you opponent was using the dsmash a lot and was beating your fsmash in just raw speed. You should of used the dsmash to counter act this

;_; Why am I the only who comment? ~wishes he did a DACUS combo in the videos~

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Tristan you should use the dtilt more you missed a lot of opportunity to start a tilt lock with it.

The dtilt is a great move why don't you use it? ^_^

You also approach with the fair waaay to much gotta spam that bair instead man ;3
hahaha pro. watching now.

what was the first song? and was the second killswitch? yuck lol :p

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Can anyone play me on wifi and hopefully upload (if im worthy xD) Im trying to main sheik again and i need help =D Im not sure if i can keep up but i can try....... xD

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Cool, everyone feel free to give me advise

Theses videos are fresh so I have no excuses for doing as bad or good as I did >.<

...Well besides the online john but let's ignore that.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not going to watch the vids until later tonight, but going by this comment
Cross was bad.... worst sheik ever.
I'm going to say that if you lost a single stock against Cross, you're probably bad.

However,
except the spacing on the first video . that spacing was pro ^_^
you're totally excused from losing any stocks in the first vid, because Cross was pro in the first vid.

;)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I'm not going to watch the vids until later tonight, but going by this comment

I'm going to say that if you lost a single stock against Cross, you're probably bad.

However,

you're totally excused from losing any stocks in the first vid, because Cross was pro in the first vid.

;)
Stop your crazy mind games, I'm only human Ankoku I can't take such a high level of complexity.

haha, I eagerly wait for your response, sadly I have to go now and flirt with thy females >.<

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Video 1:
I dunno, looked mostly like you were just running around each other and trading blows, and Tristan happened to lose because of a stupid SD and running into a fully charged upsmash.

Video 2:
Tristan pretty much took the advantage here with the edgeguards. Overall play is still the same, run around and hit each other two or three times, run away...

Video 3:
Both of you are edgeguarding, but it seems Crossjeremiah jumps into the **** (gets his second jump stolen by an edgeguard) a lot more. Still lots of just trading blows. I see a few more attempts to follow up, but mostly once you take the advantage you grab, throw, run away and start charging needles.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Video 1:
I dunno, looked mostly like you were just running around each other and trading blows, and Tristan happened to lose because of a stupid SD and running into a fully charged upsmash.

Video 2:
Tristan pretty much took the advantage here with the edgeguards. Overall play is still the same, run around and hit each other two or three times, run away...

Video 3:
Both of you are edgeguarding, but it seems Crossjeremiah jumps into the **** (gets his second jump stolen by an edgeguard) a lot more. Still lots of just trading blows. I see a few more attempts to follow up, but mostly once you take the advantage you grab, throw, run away and start charging needles.
...Yeah, do you recommend playing in any other way?

Cross is too good for me to play all out offenses so I have to mix it up. Every time I start charging needles I'm playing defense and either force him to approach or am waiting for him to make a opening. If both doesn't happen then I try to make a opening.

I really wouldn't call that "trading blows" since we had quite a few combos within are matches and a lot of the spacing and positioning was the key factors.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
While defensive play is definitely the way to go, I don't like abandoning an approach until the positional advantage is definitely lost. Being safe is well and good, but landing an aerial just so you can run away and charge needles is intentionally missing opportunities.

At some point I stopped paying attention to the tags, so my criticisms may apply to one, the other, or both of you.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Well after watching the second and third match again I did notice me to do a bair into DACUS in order to start charging up needles.

That's something I guess I should of done in the higher percents since that bair could of been combo out of but I felt like doing that.

I don't know, I just feel awesome when I hit someone, DACUS across the stage and start to camp them. It's so sexy looking and cheap that I can't help but get the urge to do it once and a while. Of course it was a bad idea against sheik though since he just needle me before I could really start to camp but against someone without range or slow then this is really a good idea when in the higher percents.

Other then that I think your talking about cross >.>'

..Although throwing someone means they are above you so they are at your mercy as you wait for them to land. Why not charge a few needles? If they get close to landing you can get some free unavoidable damage.

Booze Crooze

Smash Rookie
At some point I stopped paying attention to the tags, so my criticisms may apply to one, the other, or both of you.
I was thinking that we should make a rule that for sheik dittos the colors have to be visibly different. None of this black/blue, green/blue bull****. I want to watch the sheiks not the tags.

love, the great leon

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i feel sads cause it feels like im the worst sheik ever.
Cross don't even try to make people have pity for you, I think you were just being camera shy is all.

Meanwhile I was pump up to show the sheik forum my pretty pretty DACUS...although I kind of wish I got a combo recorded.

~curses his lack of insight in using the DACUS~

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I find it hard to DUCAS online but w/e. I definetly need to verse some of you sheik mains =3
Really? I've never really had any trouble doing it before.

What my problem is that I either just blinding shoot a DACUS off in hope I get it after say hitting someone with a fair or by the time I realize I can hit someone with it it's too late to do so.

I can at times get it off by doing it blindly but I've gotten punished trying to doing so as well :(

I need to archive that happy medium of on instinct doing it and thinking about it deeply...Which you can only get with extent amount of practice(make it 2nd nature) or by memorizing all the percentages and such for every character.

^_^ God I love this game.

Squidster

Smash Ace
haha i love your passion Tristan, nobody seems to have that in them.

Seems to be something wrong with my internet or something cause its been going really slow "played with champ the other day and it was lagging really bad.... hes like 30 minutes away from me" but once i fix it we should play.

Nice vids, definitely defensive play but you get in quick combos when you can. Wifi is sometimes annoying as you can see some tilt locks that just kind fail cause its harder online...

Top Bottom