• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crono from chrono trigger confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Sakurai goes silent from twitter. Is this possibly a hint that one of the new third party characters is a famous silent protagonis? Now what is one of the most wanted silent protagonists of all? Crono of course!

For even more proof look at his interview
"If I could put it a really harsh way, I think it'd be better if I could be forgotten by gamers for a while."

the Chrono Trigger series has been put away by square enix and has been forgotten by a lot of gamers. Another hint?

'I'm making you wait for it!'

People have been waiting years for a chrono cross sequel.

"some people immediately get the idea that that character is in the new Smash Bros. Then people fan the flames on it, "

Notice the "Fan the flames. "
One of Chrono's duel techs with Lucca is called Flame Whirl. Coincidence? I think not.

I think the evidence is overwhelming enough to conclude that Crono is with out a doubt in the next super smash bros.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This is ironically what Sakurai was telling people not to do...
I know right? Guess who else are confirmed? Mmhmm! Every other silent protagonists from all video games in existence. And this, in turn, disconfirms every other protagonists who ever talked. :troll:

:phone:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I love the obvious irony of the OP. ;)
Also surprised we didn't have a Crono thread yet.

Personally I'd have no problem if Crono was included as the SE rep. Realistically, several others would make it in before him though. Shame, since Crono is a great character from a great game that really embodies a SE-Nintendo relationship more than most other SE IPs (other than like Dragon Quest and TWEWY).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Link is THE famous silent protogonist. Maybe Link is in the game

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ths is... Bad.

I want to know, do you actually think that he will be in or are you trolling, like honestly. Because "Sakurai is silent on twitter" is your main bit of evidence. Maybe... he's working into the night because Luigi is finally getting remodeled? Maybe it's time to research games for trophies? I don't know, there's a multitude of reasons. If he wanted to imitate characters when trying to get them into the game then why didn't he start dancing from side to side having various things falling down next to him (king dedede) or use aether (Ike)?

"some people immediately get the idea that that character is in the new Smash Bros. Then people fan the flames on it, "
LOL. I don't know how else this can be misinterpreted. It clearly says, people get arrogant about a particular character, don't listen to any sense and start flaming people who say he won't be in. Of these, you are in the section of not crossed out.

"what? I would boycott smash bros if sakurai was just teasing us like this and he didn't get in."

Well, Sakurai isn't teasing you. He is just doing something... that isn't to do with Crono! (:O) He went silent. Who cares? Crono is hardly confirmed, unless you can find an interview where Sakurai says he is in.

Also I'm not liking the amount of sword weilders wanted in smash. They're too close to being able to be clones. Roy was to marth. Young (and to a lesser extent( Toon linke were to Link. What's to stop Crono being similar to Marth?

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Ths is... Bad.

I want to know, do you actually think that he will be in or are you trolling, like honestly. Because "Sakurai is silent on twitter" is your main bit of evidence. Maybe... he's working into the night because Luigi is finally getting remodeled? Maybe it's time to research games for trophies? I don't know, there's a multitude of reasons. If he wanted to imitate characters when trying to get them into the game then why didn't he start dancing from side to side having various things falling down next to him (king dedede) or use aether (Ike)?

LOL. I don't know how else this can be misinterpreted. It clearly says, people get arrogant about a particular character, don't listen to any sense and start flaming people who say he won't be in. Of these, you are in the section of not crossed out.

"what? I would boycott smash bros if sakurai was just teasing us like this and he didn't get in."

Well, Sakurai isn't teasing you. He is just doing something... that isn't to do with Crono! (:O) He went silent. Who cares? Crono is hardly confirmed, unless you can find an interview where Sakurai says he is in.

Also I'm not liking the amount of sword weilders wanted in smash. They're too close to being able to be clones. Roy was to marth. Young (and to a lesser extent( Toon linke were to Link. What's to stop Crono being similar to Marth?
Erm, I think he is joking around.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The thread looks like it could spawn a flame war, so I'm locking it up before things get way out of hand.

If anyone wants to make a Crono thread, you can start all over, but I'd recommend that the primary post has more than just rumors on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom