• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CRONO for SSBB Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayfarer

Smash Rookie

(Graphic above photoshopped by me. Images courtesy of vgsprites.net and the defunct fan-based CT ressurection project.)

This is really a no-brainer. For those of you who don't know, Crono is the main character from Chrono Trigger-- one of the best SNES RPGs ever made. Many of us would love to see Crono make a triumphant return in Brawl. Albeit a silent protagonist, Crono's got the moves, he's got character, and makes a worthy candidate. Not to mention, Chrono Trigger has AWESOME music from the talented Yasunori Mitsuda (who happens to be on the list of composers for Brawl). If Crono becomes playable in brawl... I'd be the happiest person on Earth. :estatic:

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Never heard of him. To be in brawl, the characters have to be pretty well-known.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce

(Graphic above photoshopped by me. Images courtesy of vgsprites.net and the defunct fan-based CT ressurection project.)

This is really a no-brainer. For those of you who don't know, Crono is the main character from Chrono Trigger-- one of the best SNES RPGs ever made. Many of us would love to see Crono make a triumphant return in Brawl. Albeit a silent protagonist, Crono's got the moves, he's got character, and makes a worthy candidate. Not to mention, Chrono Trigger has AWESOME music from the talented Yasunori Mitsuda (who happens to be on the list of composers for Brawl). If Crono becomes playable in brawl... I'd be the happiest person on Earth. :estatic:
This topic already exists. Use the search function or the Character index thread.

Never heard of him. To be in brawl, the characters have to be pretty well-known.
Do you live in a closet?

Wayfarer

Smash Rookie
This topic already exists. Use the search function or the Character index thread.
I invested a lot of time putting that image together personally for this forum. Frankly I don't care if this topic has another iteration. This thread is more recent has been made specifically for Crono. Plus, I don't want to be a gravedigger. Seriously. I may be new here, but I'm quite familiar with the typical forums rules/etiquette.

if he has a sword then no. too many swordfighters to want in the game before him.
Naysayers, please don't kill my thread.

Crono is a well known character around the world, even more so in Japan. (FYI, Marth and Roy weren't known globally until their debut in Melee!) And just because Crono has a sword, doesn't mean he's an unworthy candidate for SSBB. (Notably, he's also capable of using lightning magic) People who have actually played Chrono Trigger understand how unique and enjoyable this game was. Believe it or not, it played a crucial role in Nintendo's success at the time. If you haven't played Chrono Trigger and are into RPGs, I suggest you get your hands it...

But my point is, I would REALLY like to see Crono as a playable character in Brawl. (Or at least get some kind of recognition.)

Shuma

Smash Hero
Plus, I don't want to be a gravedigger. Seriously. I may be new here, but I'm quite familiar with the typical forums rules/etiquette.
Not for this forum, if the topic exists, you use it. Period.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
if he has a sword then no. too many swordfighters to want in the game before him.
I really hate the arguement of "too many swordfighters". I mean compare Link to Metaknight for a second. Do they have the same sword fighting style?

A "sword" should not be the deciding factor to determine wether or not a character should be added.

Anyway.

Crono could be a nice addition to brawl, I just don't think his chances are very good. Don't get me wrong I loved Chrono Trigger, but Chrono lacked a bit in the personality deparment. I'd rather see Magus or Frog before him. ^_^

Symphony X

Smash Lord
I really don't like the "well-known" arument. Seriously, who REALLY knew about Pit before Brawl?

And I swear to God if someone says "Maybe as an AT, but that's it." I'll rip 'em a new one. That argument is WAY too overused.

Steam released..

Crono could be cool.

Wayfarer

Smash Rookie
Not for this forum, if the topic exists, you use it. Period.
You don't have to talk condescendingly to get your point across.

Apparently this doesn't bother anyone else. This is my contribution, please leave it be.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Apparently this doesn't bother anyone else. This is my contribution, please leave it be.
Breaking rules and rebelling is one thing I have no problem with...

This is more of a courtesy thing...so in the least respect this...There already is another topic open

SenorPresidente

Smash Ace

The thing is that this is not a contribution. A thread already existed why make a new one. You are as bad as the guy who made a second Ganon thread fully knowing one already existed.

Jakatsu

Smash Apprentice
I always thought that Crono would be a better choice for a thrid party than Megaman. I know I know, Megaman is a fan favorite, but I cant think of any TP choices better fit for brawl than Snake, Sonic, and Crono.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I used to want Crono in Brawl but then i realized that the Dragon Ball art style would really fit in good IMO.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
People who don't know Crono need more time indoors and play games...
Crono would just be TOO awesome, Chrono Trigger has been one of (if not my number 1) favourite games ever. Moveset would be no problem. Also, Luminaire for FS!!
Edit: also people who think Crono lacks personality, look at Link...

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Hm. Crono or Geno? Two cult-favorite characters, from two cult-classic games, both of which Square-Enix will never use again, despite their blatantly obvious popularity...

Nope. Still going with Geno. He got much farther on Sakurai's poll, plus he's a Mario character, thus helping him.

Crono WOULD be badass, though.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
The composer that worked on CT and Xenogears is working on Brawl, its a definite possibility.

Too bad crono has no personality.

Frog and Magus for Brawl!
Crono has as much or more personality than Link. =p

Also... CT SPOILER

And I doubt someone with no personality would just randomly go sacrifice their life to save their friends.

--

Burning Soul

Smash Apprentice
Crono has as much or more personality than Link. =p

Also... CT SPOILER

And I doubt someone with no personality would just randomly go sacrifice their life to save their friends.

--
Who cares? Crono serves as much purpose in CT as Mario serves in SMRPG.

Also, keep in mind i never said i didn't want crono

Moneyman228

Smash Cadet
People would buy the game just to see a 3d version of Crono(Not the Chrono Cross ghost either). To play as him, that would be great. His powerful sword moves would make Link/Ike/Metaknight look like a bunch of toddlers pretending to be knights. His lighting magic would also own! I can see Luminaire as being his final smash.

BTW did you get those 3-d crono images from one of those 3-d Chrono Remakes(its probably been Cease & Desisted right?).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People would buy the game just to see a 3d version of Crono(Not the Chrono Cross ghost either). To play as him, that would be great. His powerful sword moves would make Link/Ike/Metaknight look like a bunch of toddlers pretending to be knights. His lighting magic would also own! I can see Luminaire as being his final smash.

BTW did you get those 3-d crono images from one of those 3-d Chrono Remakes(its probably been Cease & Desisted right?).
From the previous comments, and my memory of this thread...

THIS is NOT the official Crono thread. Use it instead

limitbreak

Smash Ace
There are plenty of Crono threads. However, if Crono appeared in smash. I would go crazy.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
haha crono kinda looks like a dbz character.anyways, what would cronos moveset be like?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
As already said, this thread exists. Check out the Official Character Links Index sticky. Nice picture though.

EDIT: If you want to remake a thread to be more comprehensive and thorough, please PM a moderator before you do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom