• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critiques?

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, Mewtwo has always been my favorite character and I mained him for about 2 months when i was newer. Ive been playing for about 2 years now and I'm a pretty good samus main, but Im looking to dabble into mewtwo more again. I went mostly mewtwo at our last local and got 4th (had to go sheik and samus a couple times but i would still at least try with mewtwo). This is a vod of my mewtwo vs the best player in my scene (hes a Fox main im from Tampa Florida). I definitely dropped some edge guards and stuff, but if you could give me some tips on what i need to do better/not do that would be appreciated. Theres also a clip of my mewtwo vs a ganon in the beginning, but it got mostly cut out for some reason so thats ok to skip.

https://secure.twitch.tv/profeloco/v/77928708?t=06m16s

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
i think you play pretty well
you looked afraid of the edge though

you were teleporting towards the stage a lot which give me the impression that you aren't comfortable with the ledge stall
you got hit off of a lot of reads because you were either trying to get to the ledge as fast as possible or you were trying to TP on stage, especially at the end of the ganon match, it was obvious he was starting to read your teleports

pretty much just get comfortable with the stall, don't be afraid to take forever grabbing the ledge and youll be better off

the other guys can help more on neutral/punish stuff, i dont understand that yet lol

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
there's a built in export from twitch to yt, but its not his stream it is a tournament so the only way for him would be to screen record it then upload

so not really possible

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
yeah unfortunately idk how to get it on youtube, but i agree that i need to practice the ledge stall more for sure. I also need to get more confident on how far i can go off stage and such. Against the fox i messed up a couple of early edge guards and died for em then was just trying to play too conservatively.

What is the best ledge stall, the wooping one where u stay at the ledge the whole time, or the one where you jump back and tp back? I seem to see much more of the second one but i need to practice it more.

SuperShus

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
East#694
the actual important part of the ledge stall is sweet spotting the edge
otherwise you cant do the ledge stall

the one where you just stay at the ledge and tp over and over seems easier at first but actually i think it is much much harder to actually be fully invincible

i recommend doing the one taj always did where you hit away and up on the stick then tp in and down

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
that makes sense, theres a little window before u actually grab ledge when you do the close one. For the Taj one, is it just drop down jump back upB forward and down?

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
im actually way better at doing it vertically lol, i just for some reason never assumed it was as good because no one seems to do it. Also on what stages can i ledge cancel tp onto a platform from ledge. I've seen zoma do it on yoshi's are there othere stages it works on? and also how do i have to position myself for doing that?

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
Your recovery game is a bit weak, you had some sloppy teleports where you didnt snap to the ledge that cost you stocks at relatively early %s.
Retreating DJC fairs are low commitment and can stuff nair. FJ(full jump) rising nair is pretty good to catch fox's FJ and fading with it allows the hitbox to essentially have more disjoint.
When you get a grab past 20%(around there) you should dthrow instead of upthrow.

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
why should i Dthrow fox after 20%? dont i still get somewhat guaranteed upairs out of upthrow?

ihasabuket

Smash Journeyman
why should i Dthrow fox after 20%? dont i still get somewhat guaranteed upairs out of upthrow?
I probably should have elaborated. Upthrow will normally get you guaranteed folowups the problem is that at around 20% upthrow can be DI'd onto the top platform or offstage where you'll be forced to end your combo. At those %s upair wont hit hard enough to kill them either. If youre on FD or PS and not too close to the edge than upthrow is probably your best choice. Otherwise, dthrow is more likely to get you a followup.

Top Bottom