• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique this Fox, so close to my first goal.

KIC

Smash Rookie
Latest PR came out two weeks ago, currently 12-man and I was just left off it. Up until this point I usually tried to work things out for myself/from people in my scene, but I think it's time for me to ask for help outside of those options.

This is my set verses the number 8 on the PR (he was sick during the night and was a little off).

Feel free to be as harsh/nice as you want (as long as it's constructive).

http://www.twitch.tv/curtinsmash/v/24850522 starts at about 59.00

Wunobi

Smash Rookie
Only watched the first game since I'm in class lol. Your SHFFLs are pretty good and it seems like you have a decent understanding of map presence and spacing, however at times it seems like you get over-aggressive and fail to mix up your approaches or else back yourself into a corner and get f-smashed. Running shine and grabs would help you a ton against Marth, also gotta step up the punish game. Also think about your recovery, you tend to recover low and to the edge, this can be good conditioning but optimally your recovery should be a guessing game for your opponent, not a "there's a huge chance he's going for the ledge" kind of thing. Not bad though! You have the tech down just gotta mind game a little more, in my opinion

Last edited:
Top Bottom