• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique please.

SiRe

Smash Rookie
Really like your style. That set was pretty fun to watch. Here's my critique.

Negative:
- You almost always recover aggressively with an aerial. In general you go in a little too much. I understand that its your style and i like the mentality, but it gets too predictable after a while. If you mix it up with playing defensive, your aggression will become much more effective.
- At high %, don't use dthrow. Either get him offstage with fthrow, or uthrow him for an easy kill if he doesn't DI it perfectly
- He spotdodged A LOT when pressured. Cover that **** with knee/stomp.
- In the first game it became way too obvious that you are loving the walljump. You pretty much ****ed yourself up by styling and getting destroyed by a 0815 edgeguard (+ falcon kick offstage. Wtf dude :D).
- You missed so many edgeguards. He up-bed a ton, adapt to that and go out there to kill him (which you did 2 times and those were great, but many times you missed it, when the recovery situation was a little different). At 0:33 you had him by the balls but let him go. A ledgedrop - bair would've killed him easily. In general be prepared to bair him as an edgeguard. Bair is op.
- Remember to always hold in when getting shined, so you slide to the ledge. This is so crucial.

Positive:
- Great movement.
- Some crisp and safe pressure with bair/nair/spaced uair.
- Insane recovery string from the edge at 0:21 (so crisp!!).
- Two beautiful edgeguards in game 2.
- Nice shielddrop uair from the top platform game 1.

You could've taken this set for sure. Focus on closing out the stocks with safe follow-ups + edgeguards and mixing up your recovery and next time you'll defeat him ezpz.

Top Bottom