• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

critique my luigi

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Hey all. Haven't posted here since like 2010 but I started playing PM this summer and I'm working on my luigi again. Anyone care to have a look at my matches? If this forum is even alive.....?

http://www.twitch.tv/bryonato/b/547055094

These arent on youtube so you'll have to dig through the stream.

Me vs artifice (falco, peach): 1:02 - 1:17
Me vs zerxion (m2, ganon): 1:29 - 1:53
Me vs artifice grand finals, 2 sets: 3:10 - 3:53
Me vs bryonato $4 money match (ness): 4:13 - 4:30

Edit: So apparently there is a sticky. If this gets locked I'll copypasta over there

Last edited:

TFO

Smash Cadet
You might already know / be aware of the things I suggest, but this is what I saw
-At the end of your cyclone, you should tap B a few times to gain some height because it will give you more options and less lag.
For example, when you are in the air after your cyclone, you can attack your opponent if they are too close, you can WD into your opponent / away from your opponent and do whatever you want from there.
-Learn to WD out of shield, sometimes you would roll away from your opponent which is bad because if they read it, then they can punish. Also, you would sometimes attack out of your shield when under pressure; this is good in some cases, but again, can be easily punished.
-Learn to powershield! It won't take very long, just go to practice with Falco and with one controller, use Falco's laser and with Luigi, get the timing down with the powershield.
-I made a thread explaining a technique I use to recover with the cyclone, you should check it out. Or learn to hit the B button faster.
-Great job on the Side B sweetspots! But you can also sweetspot the Up B!

Top Bottom