• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Jigglypuff vs. Ice Climbers or against Marth (alt title: First Tournament Jitters)

Mtank

Smash Cadet
DAWWWWWWWWWWW almost got the upset :( (right?) Anyways,
Things I liked: your approach to the marth matchup, fairs oos are good, your backair spacing seemed good, overall solid play.
What you could improve: Use more forward smashes. when a falling ice climbers who just twirled his last twirl is above stage, he either goes for stage or goes for ledge, just stand next to ledge and cstick left or right depending on what he chooses (you have time to react). also in the ICs matchup dont be afraid of his side-b at all cause you can crouch cancel it into fsmash/rest super easily. Watchyour unsafe aerials on shield, shield grabs can be bad against ICs (and a lot of characters). OH. use upair more, trust me, its good to get in the habit of using all your aerials cause each is so important. Go for some more rests too, some good ones on ICs would be nair rests, up air rests, and resting his recovery. but gj tho, you looked pretty cripy

Last edited:

Dominus Felis

Smash Apprentice
The reason my Jigglypuff looked so solid against Marth is not because I'm good at fighting Marth, it was because it was against my brother, and I was always better than him so I was confident. Also, I forgot to mention that the FD counterpick against IC's was one of pure confidence. Notable information; my brother lost EVERY MATCH he played all day. Irish, or Josh, (the ice climber player) is the TO of the weeklies and smash events, basically the most influential player in the entire Oklahoma smash community. If I were to win, yes that would be a major upset.

Last edited:
Top Bottom