• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my IC's >=X

vipercaleb1

Smash Cadet
That rocked, period. How can u WD so fast?? I wish I was as good as u (then I would pwn my friends lol). I'm trying 2 get better but its hard. awesome movie!!

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
First video:

Don't overdo the wavedashing when you kill your opponent to "show off" or whatever you're trying to do.

That will only leave Nana separated (like at :10 and 2:25 in the first video) when you mess up, allowing Fox to kill her (which is really easy with his shine or u-air).

Also, don't have ICs desynched 24/7. Yeah, it's helpful but sometimes you need to have them together so you get the extra power and so Nana is with you and safe. When she's getting pummeled, protect her! I had no idea what you were trying to do at 1:10-1:15 in the first video. You just stood there while Fox went berserk on her. Poor Nana. :(

Second video:

Once again at :30. Fox could've just shined Nana off with that failed wavedash. You got lucky, though. And again at 1:40. Nice save with Belay, though. 10/10. Try to stay still when you take off a stock unless you have perfect wavedashes. :p It looks like you're playing while hyped up on coffee. But that might be a good thing, since you got the chaingrabs going.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Dave's Stupid Rule, much? :p

There was a noticeable lack of wavejabbing. Ice Climbers have one of the most useful jabs in the game, because it has a large stun time, and can easily cancel into d-smash or grab. Essentially, Jab = Grab, and is much less punishable. Try mixing it into your approach game.

You could probably dash attack more, but that's personal preference. It's a good launcher and will help you land those u-airs.

I saw you trying to use Ice Blocks like Pikachu's neutral+B sometimes, and thought that was kind of funny. Ice Blocks work best for retreating, due to the horrid lag afterwards.

Enjoyable matches. :)

Anther

Smash Champion
Thanks for the replies :D
Wavejabbing is something I couldn't grasp the concept of until recently... I haven't gotten it to be useful yet but I can see the applications once it starts working x.x.

And Slacker those are some things I'm going to look into. lol, thanks for the hyped up coffee comment ;.;. jk, but useful things for me to think about =]. I'm sure I'm gonna be know as a peach slayer now =P.

Binx

Smash Master
Well I notice a huge lack of short hops and there are quite a few times where you do a full jump leaving yourself pretty vulnerable to attack if the fox was so inclined. I see some impatient tech chases. In the second game in PS you start a chain grab and do a forward smash that fails to kill, if you would have done a blizzard and then dthrew upsmashed he would have died no matter what DI he did, so thats a costly mistake potentially.

I'm not sure if you do it on purpose but when you wavesmash you are turning around with popo and making it so nana and popo will connect at different times, very interesting way to extend the hitbox if you aren't sure it's going to hit and I never seen it before, I'll definitely try it out, so if you meant to then **** good find, if not then I would like to thank you anyways for being my muse.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you turn popo around, the dsmash hits a hair faster (iirc dsmash hits behind before it hits in front) AND it spaces out the hits time-wise to make it harder to spotdodge

i don't think the extra range is a huge deal

and i remember wobbles posting about this before

Anther

Smash Champion
oh wow. I knew I turned around when I wavesmashed but I never noticed that Nana wasn't XD. Go me =P.
Less full jumps, more wavejabs, calm down the tech chases, hit harder hit faster >.>.

Top Bottom