• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my horrible sheik :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
It's good in terms of skill, but later in the match, you got a little repetitive, and therefore predictable. Which was punished several times by the R.O.B..

Additionally, your f-tilt locking is good, but you don't seem to be very good at following it up.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Thanx kage me, I hadnt used sheik in a while. Thats why I was kinda rusty and repetitive. And i noticed I also rolled a lot. Ill get a better vid soon.

Neenja13

Smash Cadet
You did well for being off for a long time, just keep practicing until you get comfortable with sheik again.

~PsykoTek~

Smash Cadet
Nice Sheik, a little predictable, but still good, to switch it up use more down tilts and NAIRS and you'll be much less predictable, and dont do the foward grab so much it's easy to DI and counter out of once done, try the back and down grabs

Redthorn21

Smash Rookie
Your sheik is rather good considering you do not use her much. Other then what has been already mentioned you should consider hoping less as a approch. During the 2nd and 3rd stock the ROB player took advantage of your hoping aproch attempts

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Ugh... I hate this matchup. Sheik vs. R.O.B: Gimping the ungimpable. At 0:28 You charged Sheik's forward smash [I also realized I had forgotten what Sheik's charging fsmash animation looks like]. Bad bad bad. He missed a really good chance to punish. Really other than that besides the short Zelda fiasco, you started getting read like a book. Expect every one of your whiffs to be punished with a Down Smash or a Grab. In other words if you ever miss an attack near R.O.B. get the hell out of there...R.O.B.'s have a tendency to stale their Down Smash, but it's still mean. Also like you said, stop rolling so much. And by rolling I mean spot dodging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom