• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Ganon

XLAX_OVERDOSAGE

Smash Apprentice
From the first video: Great fundamentals, startup combos, and good consistency on wavelands. What I thought you lacked on was DI when being combos by Falcon's grounded Nair to Fair. I felt like you weren't DI'ng away enough to evade those last devastating knees. In the first match of the first video, you were a bit inconsistent on punishing Falcon's recovery because you were too close for his upB(because it's a bit easier for Falcon to maneuver from left to right while fastfalling or during the upB). You had a few good reads in the second match when you followed his techchase with a grab.

Second video: Versus Fox, beautiful ****ing combos. The spacing and speed of your attacks were just great. However, you were getting taken over a bit by Fox's shothop Nairs and Waveshines. Getting out of those are tough. I find that the occasional sidestep can throw off their timing to overcome that attack. Despise that, you were still able to maintain proper spacing on your attacks, to follow up into successful edgeguards.

Versus Falco you had a bit more trouble. Falcos love to punish with that shine-Dair combo. When he initially shines you, you want to DI away to evade that. When he's about to Dair you while grounded, shieldgrab. You probably already know this, but it's always helpful to master it. I felt like you rolled way too much, and not enough wavedashing. Even though his wavedash is slow, it still helps you on spacing out tilts and jabs to help you out on the neutral game. That last game, I know the feel. haha.

Third video: Again, getting combo'd by that hard-to-get-out-of Shine-Dair combo. I feel like a few shielddrops to Uair could of helped you out here. Your neutral game was good. Well spaced tilts and jabs led to successful edgeguards yet again. Still, lots of rolls when you could of SHFFL'd some wavelands, or wavedash for easier mobility. Awesomely spaced aerials to punish falco's high altitude jumps led to easy semi-spikes and Dairs.

On the second match, your infinite sideBs kept falco at bay while he kept knocking his head on the tree. That symbol of courage and dominance is what separates a pocket ganon from the true mastery of what is pure evil. The rest of the match turned out to be like the other matches against falco I described.

Overall: Your wavelands were perfect, especially from the edge. You definitely could of used a few more wavedashes to accompany some tilts, or to escape a few shines. The speed and spacing of your aerials were definitely great. You successfully converted aerials into tilts or grabs, to be finished off with a Uair or a bair. Your reads and techchases were really good as well. At times you managed to follow the Fox's tech away with a downB, not an easy task. Your grabs-to-punish were on par, with only a few missed opportunities.Some of your edgeguards could of used some improvement, but in the spacie matchup, it can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. You've got what it takes to be a top Ganon. Keep up the good work.

Top Bottom