• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my friend's G&W

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Thread is here actually. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225812

As for the G&W, his aerial spacing is quite good, and he makes good offensive reads and punishes, but I feel that he doesn't know how to properly implement defense and got really lazy with his reactions. Just I felt he got hit in a lot of situations that were easily avoided either with matchup knowledge or simply playing a bit more conservatively and not going into autopilot. I wasn't too thrilled with how many jolts he got hit by when he could have simply powershielded or ledgecamped and Bucketed Jolts if they were really an issue.

Honestly his fundamentals are pretty solid, if he just plays more safely and implements defense better, he should be good to do. Also more Jabs and less spotdodges, especially against Pikachu. Also lrn2SDI.

On an unrelated note, I believe the Pikachu player is in more need of critique.

Top Bottom