• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Falcon?

Bourg

Smash Rookie

Taka.

Smash Rookie
You should focus on your dash-dance game. It will help you lure out your opponents more. When it comes to Falcon's OOS options I would recommend you learning to wavedash OOS. Falcon doesn't really have good OOS options other than aerials and shield-drops. Other than that you could read up on matchups you struggle with.

c@m

Smash Rookie
cut back on the falcon kicks, dash dance and wave dash, try to grab when you avoid an attack (not always). but its not bad, everyone needs improvements somewhere, especially me. lol :p

c@m

Smash Rookie
yeah dash dance and wavedash more. but dash dance more than wavedash with falcon.

dinn3rr

Smash Cadet
For one, you're using Side-B WAY too much to recover. You're not using SHFFL's as much as you should. SHFFL nair is an amazing approach option against almost any character, and SHFFL fair is a pretty decent approach. You're not using Falcon's aerial and ground mobility to your fullest. Dashdance, empty shorthop, etc. And fake them out. You need to dashdance/wavedash alot more.

You're using falcon kick a bit more than you should, too.

yohoos

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes it's better to use UpB, go above the opponent, take a hit and land on stage rather than use SideB and potentially get hit further from the stage.

dinn3rr

Smash Cadet
@ dinn3rr dinn3rr Why is the Side-B recovery a bad option though?
I'm not saying it's a bad option, I'm saying you're using it too much, and you're lucky you weren't getting punished as hard as you should have been getting punished. Mix up your recoveries, srsly

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Not bad, but I'd like to see some more grabs, followed by aerials (Neutral-air and Up-air in particular).
Furthermore. You must accept the nair. It is your friend. BECOME THE NAIR.

Top Bottom