• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Falco.... the Falco that can't fly :(((

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Stop rolling so much, practice wavedashing.
Your falco is really stiff, use wavedashes and dashdances with your lasers to control the stage.

Watch PP's and Shiz's videos for examples, choose something that they do and practice it. Like if you see Shiz use wavedash out of shine to follow the opponent for a combo, then do that to a fox cpu until you have it down.

Important thing is: You guys are laughing and having fun, and that makes the learning process a lot easier and quicker.

Kawasari Mimoto

Smash Cadet
playing Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody!
Stop rolling so much, practice wavedashing.
Your falco is really stiff, use wavedashes and dashdances with your lasers to control the stage.

Watch PP's and Shiz's videos for examples, choose something that they do and practice it. Like if you see Shiz use wavedash out of shine to follow the opponent for a combo, then do that to a fox cpu until you have it down.

Yeah, I think this is a great way to practice! Thanks for the advice, dude!

Important thing is: You guys are laughing and having fun, and that makes the learning process a lot easier and quicker.
Yeeeah, my Falco is very stiff. It's a bit predictable at times, so I'm slowly trying to change that up. I haven't watched a lot of PP's or Shiz's vids, but I've seen all of Zhu's videos.. so I sorta 'try' to play like him, but I'm nowhere near because my Falco is too slow. Trying to practice to W-dash a bit more though. I can w-dash on a Jigs back and forth easily, I just rarely do that on a Falco. I guess I should start, eh? Thanks for the advice, man!

Also, yeah.. we try to have some fun. Me and my friend plays at a local cafe pretty much weekly, and we practice there.. so.. haha.

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
hey you got lazering down pretty good lol. perfect start.
just when you have some distance on your opponant, mix up for lazers maybe 2 short hop lazers then a full hop double lazer, some people try to jump over the lazer stream.

Kawasari Mimoto

Smash Cadet
hey you got lazering down pretty good lol. perfect start.
just when you have some distance on your opponant, mix up for lazers maybe 2 short hop lazers then a full hop double lazer, some people try to jump over the lazer stream.
Thanks! I practice lasering using that one 1-player Camera mode glitch, so I end up running around Final Destination practicing on my short-hop'd Lasers. I'm not perfect though, sometimes I shoot too high. :/

And yeah, I'll make sure to give your advice a try! That sounds really helpful! I usually don't do a lot of full-hop lasers because I think my opponent will just dodge through it, haha.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
Thanks! I practice lasering using that one 1-player Camera mode glitch, so I end up running around Final Destination practicing on my short-hop'd Lasers. I'm not perfect though, sometimes I shoot too high. :/

And yeah, I'll make sure to give your advice a try! That sounds really helpful! I usually don't do a lot of full-hop lasers because I think my opponent will just dodge through it, haha.
er. you might know this, but high lasers aren't always bad. if you want to shoot a low laser, you should be able to, but you should be aware that high lasers are sometimes the best option. vs. falco and jiggs i shoot mostly high lasers, vs. marth i shoot mostly low lasers... it just comes down to what's going on and what character your opponent is playing.

Kawasari Mimoto

Smash Cadet
er. you might know this, but high lasers aren't always bad. if you want to shoot a low laser, you should be able to, but you should be aware that high lasers are sometimes the best option. vs. falco and jiggs i shoot mostly high lasers, vs. marth i shoot mostly low lasers... it just comes down to what's going on and what character your opponent is playing.
Oh, yes. Against Jigs, I'd have to go high lasers, haha. I played as Jigs (as my main before I switched to Falco), and yeeah.. you have to be careful with that.. :x Thanks!

Top Bottom