• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Falco Please!

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
I'm not going to say anything about another Falco's combo game simply because there are no 2 Falco's who combo similarly.

Sometimes in neutral, it felt like you were trying to spam techskill for no reason whatsoever. I saw a lot of edgecanceled Phantasms followed by attempted dropdown shine turnaround Firebirds to grab ledge. Why? Yes movement is good, but not without purpose.

In your shield, it seemed like you were antsy. Get comfortable with WD, shine, and aerials OoS. I saw a lot of slightly panicky rolls.

In general, it felt like you missed a lot of JCs after you shined, except for in the air.

You could improve a lot of your play by starting doing shine wavelands. They're sick.

IDK too much about the ditto yet though, so I can't give DI tips.

Steelo Rivers

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to say anything about another Falco's combo game simply because there are no 2 Falco's who combo similarly.

Sometimes in neutral, it felt like you were trying to spam techskill for no reason whatsoever. I saw a lot of edgecanceled Phantasms followed by attempted dropdown shine turnaround Firebirds to grab ledge. Why? Yes movement is good, but not without purpose.

In your shield, it seemed like you were antsy. Get comfortable with WD, shine, and aerials OoS. I saw a lot of slightly panicky rolls.

In general, it felt like you missed a lot of JCs after you shined, except for in the air.

You could improve a lot of your play by starting doing shine wavelands. They're sick.

IDK too much about the ditto yet though, so I can't give DI tips.
no offense, but aren't you pretty new to the game yourself? I see you commenting on like every falco thread, but you don't even follow your own advice.

FE_Hector

Smash Lord
no offense, but aren't you pretty new to the game yourself? I see you commenting on like every falco thread, but you don't even follow your own advice.
No offense really taken. I see your point. I don't really feel like getting into this argument, but the gist of it is that I do a lot of top player analysis and I understand Falco relatively well as a portion of the game. As far as not following my own advice, I try. The issue right now is not being fully able to identify the issues with my gameplay AS I'm playing, which I've been slowly working on.

Top Bottom