• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Falco : P

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Not bad overall. Use Dairs, Nairs, and Shine more. These moves are some of the most important you have available. I lot of people seem to love Falco's f-smash, but I think overall the other two are better. Also, try to space those SHDL lower. If you do it perfectly, the second laser makes NO NOISE, and can hit crouching Ice Climbers. Also, try not to Dash Attack into peoples shields so much, as you yourself probably saw, it's very punishable.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Pretty good. In that first match it's obvious you were up against quite a competent Ike. I agree with Knee of Justice about the Dairs and the Nairs, though I'd also recommend that you try to integrate uptilt into your repetiore. Against an opposing Metaknight it's not swift enough to be of use, but against most anyone of lesser speed, it's quite a good move.

chijito

Smash Rookie
i reckon u should changeup your edge guarding tactics. u seem to just laser most of the time which is fine but i would personally go after em, take a chance and go for the dair spike or bair, apply more pressure! good stuff though

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, I'm starting to really like nair, though I'm not quite sure what to use dair for yet.

Uh, I'm not exactly sure what to edgeguard with. I mean, it's okay once in a while to go out there and dair or bair or something, but screwing that sort of thing up against an Ike is kinda... well, it's scary to risk it against him. I'll see what I can do against other characters.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Use Dair for every thing. It doesn't have a lot of lag, and near auto-cancels, allowing for a mock Dair stride reminiscent of melee.

As for edge guarding, Only do it when it as safe. Normally I just roll, because Falco has a decent roll, and try to smash someone. Or, I kill them vertically, which eliminates the need to edge guard (Up-smash is far and wide, one of my favorite kill moves with Falco).

BossDevil

Smash Rookie
nice matches ! pretty clear mind ! i know that i'am little bad with Falco but i see tou have a lot of chances to grab ! in Ike match ..
actully the hardest character i faced is Ike ! it's so hard to aviod his attacks ! and pretty strong arm he have ! but you kick Ike out easily ! good luck ..

Agosta44

Smash Ace
You need to laser a lot less, grab more, and attack more often. There was a lot of empty spaces during that match where you could've moved in for kills. Chain grab into hyphen smash is also great to use.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hyphen smash is a stupid term. The chaingrab is NOT REAL PAST LIKE 15% IF THEY DI AWAY.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think I'd suck a lot less if I took the beginning of your advice (essentially, learn more of Falco's offensive game) and completely ignored the other part (do a chaingrab that doesn't actually work past the second throw against anyone smart into a running upsmash that for some reason was given the term "hyphen smashing." It's pressing the C-Stick up while you're running, guys, it doesn't need a special name.).

If you take offense at me disregarding what I see as poor advice, feel free to continue making personal jabs at my playing skill.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I don't know what you're doing, but I can chain grab 4-5 times without a problem. I'm not sure if you know what a hyphen smash is, or if I'm using the wrong term, but it's a dash attack cancelled into an up smash, which I've never had a problem landing after 2-3 Dthrows.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Chaingrab success isn't dependent on you, it's dependent on the other person. Since you're in Jersey, I can only hope you're playing someone good and he can confirm for me exactly how well the chaingrab works, because in my experience the characters can get out of throwstun before I can get the grab after more than two dthrows.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
It's really dependent on the actually character, and the opponents DI. But it is something useful to know, because it is so insanely easy to perform. Still, the things I think that are essential to Falco are lasers, Shine, Nair pressure, and the flawed combos. Also, I don't know why a lot of people love spamming f-smash. It's good, but I always feel so underwhelmed by it.

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Ankoku we need to play. I think your still on my list. I also started playing falco. I didnt think I'd like him how he is now. He sort of grew on me. You should go for more down air spikes off the stage. those things are still beastly if you time it right.

Top Bottom