• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique Me

Y-L

Smash Champion
Here are some videos of me and my friend playing. What can I improve on? Don't be afraid to make me feel bad!!

Alfonzo Bagpipez

Smash Lord
NNID
Futatsu
3DS FC
0920-0032-8454
Here are some videos of me and my friend playing. What can I improve on? Don't be afraid to make me feel bad!!

In terms of general gameplay, I saw too many rolls and quite a few awkward and pointless spot dodges. Trying to avoid those will make you better. There were also a few times where you could've grabbed OoS, but that can be forgiven.

In terms of your Ike, your QD approaches were a little predictable and your follow-up choices were a little questionable, but overall it was decent. Against Falcon, I feel like you can wait for him to come to you and try to outrange him rather than opting for QD too much in neutral.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Give us a video of you not outplaying a clearly worse player so we have something to work with.

Videos of you winning aren't useful for critique.

Edit: Some general tips though.

a) Don't use SH/QD -> SH Dair for approaching. Ever. At higher percents it is a very good punish that has meteor properties, so landing a Dair on a grounded opponent will set them up perfectly for a sweetspot bair/fair depending on DI, and you can usually catch them during hitstun. It's Ike's version of Stomp -> Knee.

b) Use Uptilt in combos more. It is especially good on Fastfallers like Falcon/Lucas/Spacies.

c) You randomly threw out an FSmash in neutral once. It was probably an input error but it bothered me enough to mention is. Don't do that.

Last edited:

T-R3X

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfXk8NQpd7M

Ike starts at 2:29:40 or so, but the better matches start at 2:51:22.
Literally my first time playing Ike so I'm still experimenting and figuring stuff out with him (especially with recovery edgeguarding, side b tricks, combos etc).

Leirkov

Smash Cadet
Kind of late, but I just want to point out your edgegame. On Falcon's 3rd stock, you dropped 2 edgeguards due to poor move choice.

1:40 - Could've used Nair or Fair after seeing Falcon side-b. I'd also say Dair was an option if you can time it perfectly but the safer nair/fair option would've been preferred.
1:50 - Fair, you had plenty of time to react to his up-b.

Other than that, Lordling covered it.

Top Bottom