• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique me

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Okay so I don't use diddy but I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that a good diddy wants to almost always be in control of his banana's.

And to be in control of his banana's....you actually have to...ya know
pull them out.

I cannot understand the thought process of people who want to use/be good with Diddy but don't even make an effort to utilize banana's half of the time.
Your character has two, not one, of the best projectiles in the game and you aren't even using them properly(or hardly at all :psycho:).

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Okay so I don't use diddy but I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that a good diddy wants to almost always be in control of his banana's.

And to be in control of his banana's....you actually have to...ya know
pull them out.

I cannot understand the thought process of people who want to use/be good with Diddy but don't even make an effort to utilize banana's half of the time.
Your character has two, not one, of the best projectiles in the game and you aren't even using them properly(or hardly at all :psycho:).
A simple 'you need to use bananas more' probably would have sufficed.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
A simple 'you need to use bananas more' probably would have sufficed.
This ^

I will say, in the matches I play against Ty, I make a point to try to control his Bananas to put him under pressure. I do main Diddy, so I know at least how to pick them up well.
My overall skills with Wolf not withstanding

That said, yes, Ty, you need to get Bananas out more often. Several times you'd hit me far away and would charge after me instead of pulling Bananas while it is safe; remember, Diddy is always at an advantage in a neutral situation, so you don't always have to keep up the pressure to maintain an advantage.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I watched the match again, and I really didn't pull out nearly enough bananas. I also noticed a couple Falco things I did that really don't work with Diddy. Today when I play, I'll try to think more about pulling them out when I create space from my opponent or they take a lot of knockback.

Is there anything else you guys noticed that I shouldn't do, or that I should do more of?

That said, yes, Ty, you need to get Bananas out more often. Several times you'd hit me far away and would charge after me instead of pulling Bananas while it is safe; remember, Diddy is always at an advantage in a neutral situation, so you don't always have to keep up the pressure to maintain an advantage.
I will keep that in mind. I never really thought about neutral situations that way as Diddy, but it makes sense...

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
well pulling out banana's has to be a habbit.
last time me and my most commen oponent(diddy main) decided to play a ditto without banana's
we both had out 2 banana's before the match was even started. LOL

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
well pulling out banana's has to be a habbit.
last time me and my most commen oponent(diddy main) decided to play a ditto without banana's
we both had out 2 banana's before the match was even started. LOL
Oh lord, I'd sig this if I had space, that is beautiful xD

I'll re-watch the match again and see if I notice anything else. Ty, upload some more of our sets so we have a better sample pool to critique from.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
lol it was srs xD

we started and there where 4 banana's...
we both sed "ok this isn't possible lol"

Top Bottom