• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

critique me

QERB

Banned via Warnings
mannn this is kind of hard to critique. Not very easy to see what's going on, it's one of the rarest matchups you'll ever see, and it's on a banned stage with no edges (i think).

If anything I would say to be careful about spacing against zelda's f-air/b-airs, because even if you space your f-air correctly she can still punish with one of her own. The best way to fight zelda imo is to get her above you, or try to not give her any room to get that tipped heel. but pretty much, once you d-tilt her up, you should have the advantage.

QERB

Banned via Warnings
tbh i don't have a lot of zelda practice at. But from what i remember, I usually play pretty pretty defensive until I find an opening. This is mostly because you don't wanna let her space her heels on you, cuz that thing gimps like falcon's knee does... not fun. Once I get inside zelda's f-air/b-air range I get really aggressive and try to not give her space.

That's just how I play it tho.

Ministry

Smash Ace
against most characters should I be attacking with fair? I always find that it is so punishable if they just sheild... I know dair doesnt have much range infront and same with nair.

whats your best aproaching move?

DualCats

Smash Ace
against most characters should I be attacking with fair? I always find that it is so punishable if they just sheild... I know dair doesnt have much range infront and same with nair.

whats your best aproaching move?
If you space fairs well, it can make punishing you from their shield pretty difficult but I don't think there's any practically safe approach option. G&W just needs to make awesome reads; he can't really just throw out moves for pressure like other characters.

If you can platform cancel well, that will really help. It's like l-canceling for G&W. I do this with bairs a lot because bair can be an awesome spacing move if you don't have any lag afterwards.

I also like to waveland jab and/or grab. A lot of people really just never expect a G&W to waveland towards them and if you can catch them off guard, you get delicious grab combos.

should you be playing more defensive against Zelda or more aggressive?
Zelda is a really weird matchup. Cactuarz probably knows a lot more about this than I do.

Generally, I will try to play defensively in this matchup if I'm taking the game seriously but Zelda can shield poke with her bair/fair so it makes it a really terrifying spacing battle. Try to get under Zelda as much as possible because she has few options at that point. Nairs **** in this match up. So do utilts. Zelda doesn't have a lot of OoS options so you can dtilt/jab/grab if you find yourself close enough. Getting close enough, however, is scary because her fair/bair kills pretty early. You shouldn't really be approaching with grabs but if you can bait an attack and she misses, wavedash grabs usually work.

j00t

Smash Champion
Play a more ground-oriented game vs. Zelda. She has to jump to do anything, use that to your advantage.

Top Bottom