• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique mah Falco? I need some tips since I'm fairly new to using Falco.

Kurosagi

Smash Apprentice
I like it!

I'd say just mix up the recoveries a bit more. I saw a lot of phantasms onto the stage instead of the ledge.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say it, but it's hard to critique if your opponent isn't anywhere near the level of skill you are. A good Snake should know better than to recover right next to the ledge. That first stock, second video, was absolutely embarrasing for any snake player. I'm not trying to devalue your win, but any falco can destroy such a tactic with relative ease. We would be able to give you more advice if we saw you actually struggle. It appears in both videos that you destroyed your opponent without breaking a sweat...

I'd say you can probably spam N-Air a bit more if you desired and grab a little less. I know grabbing works for you, but it should never get in the way of your game. You might become dependant on grabbing...and after awhile, it becomes predictable. I don't remember you using AAA in either video which typically builds into a good combo. And your reflector could use some using. If you abused Down-B, Snake would have had a harder time being so close to you in video 1.

I think you would have a difficult time against a Snake who camped more and played strategicly. The folly of these videos is that the Snake played too aggressively, letting you get free hits for relatively little in return. A Snake who ducked towards the end of either stage and knew how to space himself properly would force you to back up and rethink things. So again, I stress playing an equal opponent for a better critique =D

Oh, and I have to say, second video: 1:15-1:25...-never- take your eyes off a Snake's landmine. =D

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Fantastic Falco. I liked the first kill in Match 2. Finally people learn the benefit of the mighty fair! :bee:

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone! I really appreciate it. you guys are probably right, I need to play better people for sure, I'll probably play better people my next tournament. As for using the fair, that was a fortunate accident ^^. I'll try and incorporate all advice given. Another question, when I spike Snake with dair, how do I avoid getting hit by the cypher? A lot of the time I spike and get hit by the cypher and I get gimped by it >_>

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes its unavoidable but as long as you haven't used your mid-air jump, your good on the recovery part.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
hmm, so instead of jumping off then double jump to spike, I should just jump off and spike then double jump and recover?

wangston

Smash Lord
One thing I didn't see were ledge lasers. Instead of always doing a phantasma back on once you are hanging on the ledge. To do the ledge laser just hit back and drop just a little, it's like almost even with the bottom of smashville, then jump towards the stage and fire to laser shots. This is a great way to get back on the stage and it helps start of with a combo. Both of the laser shots are really low to the ground and the second one is usually a no sound lagless one. Here is vid if you need one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5IgaK9SaiM

Top Bottom