• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique for a Pokemon Trainer main

D

Deleted member

Me vs Meta Knight

I did this fight for neutral improvement purposes, but against Meta Knight, it was insanely difficult. Whenever I got hit offstage, I was at an extreme risk because Meta Knight can easily carry you to the blast line or screw you over with Mach Tornado, and none of the 3 mons can really save themselves if they fall. (plus Ivysaur has a tether, making him the worst of the bunch.) I also had to use Charizard more (which is ill-advised) due to having the better recovery and being heavy.

I mainly want to know about my overall performance here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
you don't seem confident in your PT it seems. I can see it heavily in your squirtle. With squirtle you want to rely on side b less as an engage and more as a mixup, relying on using your frame data to pressure the meta knight. Remember too if you can grab, you can get a great combo from that. Really you want to stick with squirtle to rack damage and Ivysaur and charizard for finishing. Because of metaknight's speed, you will get juggled as Ivysaur and charizard. With Ivysaur you can rely on camp and big hitboxes to play reactively, but with charizard you will only want to go if you and meta are both at high precent. In this case, you'll want to try to wall out your bairs and fair using platform advantage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom