• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique Appreciated

BallinFox

Smash Rookie
I'm used to be a marth main, but I switched to Fox because my playstyle is naturally really aggressive.

How do you deal with players that dash around and play very patient (always waiting for you to approach)?
I have tried to over-shoot my attacks, but that doesn't seem to work well as they can respond to me dashing towards them.

twitch.tv/iubsmash/b/615542712
Watch the match at 9:50 and maybe the one after that too on pokemon.

Also, I seem to get punished very hard for minor mistakes. Could you please point out a few times where I could have done something to get out of a combo/setup?

Any other advice is welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Bose

Den lengste kølla
3DS FC
5086-2001-6359
Your link doesn't work. I posted some tips to you in the other thread you posted in, look it up.

Soupeschleg

Smash Journeyman
Try and be smarter with your natural aggression. I can't watch your example, but I recommend you think more about every action you perform.

If you're struggling with patient players that aren't playing fox, use your speed. Run circles around them. If you're struggling with patient foxes, try to mirror their movements. They are trying to generate space to make themselves comfortable. You don't have to be extremely aggressive/rushdown to beat this - simply keep the space between you and your opponent constant. Don't let them get comfortable. This kind of positional pressure destroys "patient players" at lower levels.

Top Bottom