• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critical Hits

fluffy

Smash Champion
Has anyone ever had a poke in their team, like the absol above, that used criticals as part of its strategy?
gallade.
leaf blade
night slash
psycho cut
swords dance

something like that

mood4food77

Smash Hero
electric used to be the second best type in teh game

raichu and jolteon used to be amazing

now it's horrible, only electivire is really worth using

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
electric used to be the second best type in teh game

raichu and jolteon used to be amazing

now it's horrible, only electivire is really worth using
Not necessarily.

Jolteon is a reasonable Baton Passer.

Zapdos is a pest and hard to take down.

Raikou is fast and hits hard.

Magnezone has good defenses and hits really hard from the Special side.

Until wii meet again,
Wii4Mii 99

mood4food77

Smash Hero
but they're not as good as they used to be

i mean OU used to be all psychic and electric pokes, along with chansey and snorlax

D

Deleted member

farfetch'd: 6.25% + 30% + 40% = 76.25% crit ratio for slash.

I used a 394 speed scope lens mewtwo @ JAA. 40% crit.

Blues7

Smash Cadet
I have had experience, both good and bad, when critical hits went through an enhanced defense. It does suck when your on the recieving end after you have used curse or iron defense many times.

I found that reflect/light screen does work well against it, but I found that lowering the opponents attack, along with moves/abilities that prevent escape can make anyone have a hard time if they rely on critical hits. I recall once, I took down a couple of the opponent's pokemon who had intimidate. With the next one, I can't remember which it was, but I was unable to escape. Worst of all, I was lucky enough to get a few criticals, but the lowered stat made the hits weak. It was a royal pain. So, critical hits can be dealt with by reducing the opponent's attack. I learned that the hard way. I was playing one of the GBA games when this happened.

Top Bottom