• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

crew battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Ares726 said:
Okay, let me try to explain it to you:

Crew 1 vs Crew 2
Crew 1 has 5 members.
Crew 2 has 4 members.
The least common denominator (I hate math) of 5 and 4 is 20; therefore, each crew gets 20 stocks.

The battle begins.

Match 1: Crew1Player1 (4 stocks) vs Crew2Player1 (5 stocks)
Let's say that Crew1Player1 wins and has 1 stock left, he starts the next match with 1 stock against a fully stocked opponent.

Match 2: Crew1Player1 (1 stock) vs Crew2Player2 (5 stocks)
Let's say that Crew2Player2 wins and has 4 stocks left, he starts the next match with 4 stocks against a fully stocked opponent.

Match 3: Crew1Player2 (4 stocks) vs Crew2Player2 (4 stocks)
Let's say that Crew2Player2 wins and has 1 stock left, he starts the next match with 1 stock against a fully stocked opponent.

Match 4: Crew1Player3 (4 stocks) vs Crew2Player2 (1 stock)
Let's say that Crew1Player3 wins and has 4 stocks left, he starts the next match with 4 stocks against a fully stocked opponent.

Match 5: Crew1Player3 (4 stocks) vs Crew2Player3 (5 stocks)
Let's say that Crew1Player3 wins and has 2 stocks left, he starts the next match with 2 stocks against a fully stocked opponent.

Match 6: Crew1Player3 (2 stocks) vs Crew2Player4 (5 stocks)
Let's say that Crew2Player4 wins and has 4 stocks left, he starts the next match with 4 stocks against a fully stocked opponent.

Match 7: Crew1Player4 (4 stocks) vs Crew2Player4 (4 stocks)
Let's say that Crew2Player4 wins and has 1 stock left, he starts the next match with 1 stock against a fully stocked opponent.

Match 8: Crew1Player5 (4 stocks) vs Crew2Player4 (1 stock)
Let's say that Crew1Player5 wins and has 2 stocks leftover.

The Crew Battle is over because Crew2 lost all 20 stocks to Crew1. Crew1 wins by a score of 2-0 because Crew1 had 2 stocks at the end of the battle and Crew2 had 0 stocks.

Does that help at all?
Other Questions and Answers:
Do people choose a character in advance?
Normally they do, but sometimes you wait to see who you're playing against. You also have to stay as the character you chose for all your matches.

Is there counterpicking stages?
Not that I know of.

and are there different neutral stages?
Nope, same singles random stages.

Also, does there have to be a preset order of who goes?
I think it's about half and half (some do, some don't).

Taken from Ares's posts in a three month old thread about crew battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom