• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Creative combo

TheKid3212

Smash Rookie
Now i have seen a lot of lucus combos but they all look the same D-throw n-air n-air n-ar reapeat. has anyone made or found a new CREATIVE combo it doesnt have to be a true combo just a good NEW combo i might have found one ill try t make a video but how about you?

NAir doesnt autocancel from a short hop though

DThrow > BAir / DAir missed tech bounce > UAir looks flashy

TheKid3212

Smash Rookie
Nice combo i'm working on a combo that involves all his pk moves

Last edited:

JesterJaded

Smash Journeyman
If you're looking for style AND viability, you should research the Dthrow > footstool > jablock combos. They're about as far from repetitive as you're going to get out of a throw in this game, aside from Luigi's throw combos.

I've heard Dtilt and jab combo into each other for a good chunk of percent and are pretty safe on shield, so that's worth looking into.

Last edited:

kmac$

Smash Rookie
I don't have a capture card, but what I have been working on recently is Dthrow > Utilt > Nair > fast fall > Fair > Jab x3. Still working on it, so I can't say how reliable it is. It racks up 39% - 42% depending on if you throw in a couple of hits during the grab.

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Dthrow > Dair can lead into some neat stuff at mid percents. (which is a true combo until about 80 or so) If they don't expect the Dair followup, after spiking them back down to the ground with the Dair I like to fall with a Bair then chase accordingly. If they tech the Dair, you can try reading their defensive option for extended followups. I'm still experimenting with what works best.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I've heard Dtilt and jab combo into each other for a good chunk of percent and are pretty safe on shield, so that's worth looking into.
They do, indeed! Dtilt and Jab combo have surprisingly good range on them, so they work as great poking tools.

Last edited:

Mr_Klick

Smash Rookie
NNID
mrormissshiek
3DS FC
3523-2417-7451
Just watched PinkFresh do a really cool combo basically he was on the smash ville platform all the way to the left and did Dair into Bair spike it was really flashy but not easy to recreate and definitely not a true combo

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Dthrow > Dair can lead into some neat stuff at mid percents. (which is a true combo until about 80 or so) If they don't expect the Dair followup, after spiking them back down to the ground with the Dair I like to fall with a Bair then chase accordingly. If they tech the Dair, you can try reading their defensive option for extended followups. I'm still experimenting with what works best.
I've been trying this lately and it's pretty solid!
Thanks for the tip!

The_Devious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
The_devious97
If you're looking for style AND viability, you should research the Dthrow > footstool > jablock combos. They're about as far from repetitive as you're going to get out of a throw in this game, aside from Luigi's throw combos.

Maybe this is a bit off topic but what is a footstool?

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Maybe this is a bit off topic but what is a footstool?
Jumping on another character's head, it pushes them down and puts them in a brief period of helplessness. Note that footstools to the ground can't be teched (pressing the shield button right before crashing against a surface to "stick" to it and allow you to act immediately).

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Semi-fully charged PK freeze > double jump > PK Thunder 2. Kills at like 40%, and landing PK Freeze isn't too uncommon while edgeguarding.

Kanvas

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3583-1315-1561
Ive been trying some different combos.

I tested down throw > Bair spike > instant Uair
I just found this thread, so I guess Indigo found this similar combo earlier.
This only star-ko's (sorry is that the term when a flash emits from the enemy before they are ko'd) at 9-10% earlier than down throw > Uair, but is really satisfying if they miss their tech.

At lower percents like 30-50, If youre opponents doesnt air dodge while DI'ing away, you can A. down throw > sour Bair > spike Bair if they are offstage, or B. Onstage Dthrow > sour Bair > sour Bair, which might be able to be followed by a reverse psi magnet, but I havent tried. Otherwise you could just use option A onstage too, if they miss tech, you can follow up with Dair, fast fall Nair or another Bair.

The_Devious

Smash Apprentice
NNID
The_devious97
DThrow --> Nair --> Fair

Might be able to do another nair before the fair, but I don't know.

Top Bottom