• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Create your own videogame! Create, rate, discuss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Everyone loves videogames!
*remembers grandma*
Well...almost...

Anyway, most people like videogames that let you create stuff. Creating is really cool. Definetely my favourite game genre. Customization, blending decorating and so on.

Also, making games is something everyone (almost) loves but most of us didn't have a chance to make one.

Now this thread is for those who have thought of an awesome game and want to make it but just can't.

If you have an idea for a game, post it here!

This thread is just for fun. Create, rate, discuss, spam, flam (no don't spam or flam)

As for the characters of the game, try making them up yourself and then describing them or posting a pic. But if you wanna use already made chars then I guess its okay. But making one up will still be cooler.

So post

Name::newbie:

Platform::colorgame

Genre: (mention 3d or 2d too!)

Inspiration::******:

Then describe it.

Let your ideas run wild!:)

By the way I posted it in the Forum Games Room because when I posted it in the Light House they told me it belonged here.:p

Time for my videogame idea!

Name-Imaginatia

Platform-Wii

Genre-3D adventure

Inspiration-Drawn to life for DS

In this game, you create your own monster and its moveset and use it on the adventure!

First things first, create one! Options with asterisks (*) need to be unlocked.
First choose a monster type:

• Normal-Can only go on ground. Can swim, but not underwater.
  • Fly*-Can only fly. But can stop and stand on both water and ground.
  • Swim*-Can only swim underwater.
  • Special-All three together*

Then a movement type for running, walking, and standing:

Normal- Bipedal human#, Quadrupedal gallop*, normal quadrupedal movements#, snake*, bipedal when standing but quadrupedal when running (ex. squirrel, Pikachu,), bounce* (rabbit, frog)

Fly-Continous flapping wings, open wings gliding, mid-air swimming*, custom#.

Swim-tailfin shaking fish, Octopus/squid, doggy paddle, frog swim, fin shaking fish#,

For special you must choose one movement for each type.

The options with the # mean you can customize the movements by using the Wiimote and Nunchuk.

Then you choose various body parts like big belly, spiked fins, bat wings, angel wings, tentacle arms, horns, crests, hair, etc. You can also add accessories like axes, or swords that can be used as weapons or simply as decorations. Think of putting two axes as horns!
Then you choose the colors and use the paint bucket.

Finally make the moveset.

Normal- 1 Jump, 5 attacks, 1 defense move, Winning dance, Death, climb*, dash*.

Fly-3 attacks, 1 dash, Winning dance, death when flying, death when standing, tricks* (optional).

Swim-5 attacks, 1 dash, 1 defense, winning dance, death, tricks* (optional).

Special has all of these.

You can either use already made moves for these, or make them up yourself by moving the Wiimote and Nunchuk! You can also make them up by moving each part of the monsters body with the pointer.

You start out in a universe called Imaginatia where you can create the monsters, buy items, and some more stuff I still have to think of.
You can create up to 25 monsters for each type. Summing up to a total of 100.
From there you can access all the levels and bring three monsters with you along with 5 items.

You can get new pieces for your monster by finding them, finishing certain tasks, or doing certain stuff.
The controls depend on you. You can assign moves to any button, or button combination. Or also assign them to a movement of the Wiimote or Nunchuk. Perform the movement, and the game will record it and every time you do that movement, your monster does that move!

Hope you liked it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom