• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy wall jump thing...

rensu89

Smash Cadet
I was playing as mario on FD and i was on the edge... some how i dropped down and then instantly wall jumped off the edge of FD and had a spare jump to jump back onto the stage with... normally when i drop down and wall jump off the edge of FD my jumps are gone! i just dont get it!! its driving me mad because i keep doing it everynow and then but when i want to do it i just cant :( if anyone knows what this is and how to do it please let me know :p

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
all you have to do is double tap the back direction when on the edge and i usually do it. it is a really good thing to use as mindgames. Mario FTW

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
i always thought doraki jumping required you to set it up by making sure your double jump/upb sweet spotted the edge perfectly and you were DI'ing at the edge...then when you press away from the edge you'll do the instant wall jump.

j3ly

Smash Champion
this happend to me twice, and i died both times (didnt know i had a jump) because i didnt know how to lengthen marios upB at the time. edge mechanics are long.. i havnt bothered with them yet

TresChikon

Smash Lord
i always thought doraki jumping required you to set it up by making sure your double jump/upb sweet spotted the edge perfectly and you were DI'ing at the edge...then when you press away from the edge you'll do the instant wall jump.
Hmm... I may be wrong, but I believe his method preserves your double jump. Or I could be thinking of the Scar jump

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
TresChickon, the method i said does preserve your double jump. after you regrab the edge, you'll do a wall jump when you hit backwards, but you'll still have your double jump. i do it all the time with fox. and i dont think it would change with other chars.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Ooh, well my stuff is definitely mixed up.

Yeah i just looked up Doraki'sthread and you're absolutely right.

Cool well thanks for correcting my error

rensu89

Smash Cadet
Cheers guys I got it sorted now i Can bust it out pretty easily.
Thanks for the help

Top Bottom