• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Crazy Orders is Terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
This mode has so many issues it's not even funny.
1. ITEMS SHOULDN'T BE ON. Period. The majority of times I lose is from items ****ing me over. Probably the best case was when in a team battle MY OWN TEAMMATE threw a sticky bomb at me when I was attacking, KOing me at 50%. Items shouldn't be on, they just cause problems.
2. The mode needs smart AI. Team battles are essentially 3 v 1 battles due to how braindead your teammates are, it's simply not fun.
3. The mode needs fair AI. The AI shouldn't prioritise you and ignore all other targets, it's not fair. When I'm KO'd from it, I don't feel like it was my fault, I feel there was nothing I could do about it because I had 4 computers out for blood and going after my ass.
4. You shouldn't lose new stuff if you lose. You know all those new CDs and Mii hats you got from the rewards? Yeah, you're going to lose them all because the double teaming CPU players got that Master Ball and Assist Trophy at the same time. **** you. Seriously, if they're going to take away ****, take away those custom move doubles and equipment no one cares about.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. ITEMS SHOULDN'T BE ON. Period. The majority of times I lose is from items ****ing me over. Probably the best case was when in a team battle MY OWN TEAMMATE threw a sticky bomb at me when I was attacking, KOing me at 50%. Items shouldn't be on, they just cause problems.
2. The mode needs smart AI. Team battles are essentially 3 v 1 battles due to how braindead your teammates are, it's simply not fun.
3. The mode needs fair AI. The AI shouldn't prioritise you and ignore all other targets, it's not fair. When I'm KO'd from it, I don't feel like it was my fault, I feel there was nothing I could do about it because I had 4 computers out for blood and going after my ***.
4. You shouldn't lose new stuff if you lose. You know all those new CDs and Mii hats you got from the rewards? Yeah, you're going to lose them all because the double teaming CPU players got that Master Ball and Assist Trophy at the same time. **** you. Seriously, if they're going to take away ****, take away those custom move doubles and equipment no one cares about.
Crazy Orders is supposed to be hard, thats why its "Crazy" Orders. If Items were off, would it be more or less crazy? Less, which goes against the premise of the mode. The AI can be dumb at times but thats an issue with the AI as a whole. As for losing new items, you lost the game. Why would you get to keep the most valuable items all the time when you lose? It sounds like you've just been having problems with beating certain challenges on rounds 9+. If you want to get farther in Crazy Orders than just use custom fighters with auto heal, mostly attack, and some defense. The Vampire Brawn Badge can help if you get 8+ KOs in Cruel Smash as Lucina (Bthrow by the edge, if too many of them Fsmash).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You'll know if items will appear if a hammer icon is present on the ticket.

Anyway, you have to understand that Crazy Orders is meant to be challenging. Certain characters simply just can't handle it as well as others.

PF9

Smash Lord
I won't be concerned with collecting CDs so much since I play my own music (which is almost always hard rock/heavy metal) when I Smash. That being said, I'm not sure if I will do Crazy Orders so much, knowing how difficult it is.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I did CO enough to get the challenges, and now I will play it now and then with my custom Mario that I used for the challenge if I feel like picking up a bunch of coins/equipment. It's still a pretty good way to get those thing. Last time, I died in the final battle and still picked up 40+ custom parts and 14,000+ gold.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I understand the rage but why would the game give you your stuff if you lose? It's against the whole point, it's hard and it's very rewarding, if you lose, you won't get rewards, simply.
It wasn't that bad until the last one.

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
I understand the rage but why would the game give you your stuff if you lose? It's against the whole point, it's hard and it's very rewarding, if you lose, you won't get rewards, simply.
It wasn't that bad until the last one.
I'm fine with losing stuff, just let me lose all those duplicate custom moves and equipment I'll never use. It's frustrating when I end up losing the only stuff I even wanted to get.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
I'm fine with losing stuff, just let me lose all those duplicate custom moves and equipment I'll never use. It's frustrating when I end up losing the only stuff I even wanted to get.
No, there is no point in losing stuff you already have, you don't actually "lose" anything if you lose them, you know...

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Honestly, you could apply all this to Classic 9.0.

Stuff like this wouldn't bother me too much if one of the challenges didn't involve Beating Classic at 9.0 difficulty without losing a SINGLE stock.

Trying to complete a challenge like this is a nightmare when more luck is required over skill. Something I can't stand. I have more trouble trying to make it to Master Hand/Master Core/Master Fortress, if that wasn't hard enough.

But for Crazy Orders, all you need is this customisation set.

• Mario with Neutral Special: Fast Fireball.
  • Home Run Bat Badge (any stat)
  • First Strike Bonus Badge (any stat)
With this, when you start a match, (preferably against single opponents), just spam Fast Fireball til you hit the opponent to activate First Strike Bonus, which gives you temporary invincibility. Then just walk up to your opponent and knock them off that stage with your Home Run Bat equipped. Easy and profitable.

Sadly this set isn't as effective for Classic mode.

Last edited:

Lag Chan

Fastfall Nair Everyday
NNID
BlankaHondaShrek
I'm personally convinced that it purposely tries to take away your new stuff. Another loss due to bull**** (In this case, a team battle where my teammates acted as punching bags and let me get triple teamed) and for the fourth time in a row, I lost a new Mii hat. Every battle might as well be a horde battle with how ****ing stupid the friendly AI is and how much the CPUs gang up on you. It's simply not fun and makes the game a pain.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You simply have to play better, and it never hurts to resort to customizations.

On a side note, if you lose in Crazy Orders, you won't necessarily lose everything that you've collected.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Here is a strategy that I used in Crazy Orders. I used Meta Knight with equipment that raised mainly his attack and defense and the Entangling Tornado custom move. I avoided the tickets with giant battles and metal battles. Entangling Tornado surprisingly worked very well because Entangling Tornado deals more knockback than Mach Tornado, and the CPUs tend to run into the tornado for some reason. I was able to beat 20 battles before I was close to running out of time.

I'm not sure if the CPUs become harder to deal with after 20 battles.

Last edited:

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
I got 14 of them with Ike on my first runthrough, then struggled to get past 5 depending on the luck of things a week later with a customized character and all that-- honestly, it's not made to be fair, just to be difficult. Not challenging, as that'd imply it feels rewarding to complete, just difficulty that stems from poorly made AI and RNG-fueled design. The single player modes are, in general, just there to kill you repeatedly. If you want to play something fair, that's what the multiplayer's for... at least lag and spam don't discriminate like AI that fluctuate between anything from input-reading counters to unaided SDs.

It's not worth getting frustrated over a glorified slot machine, though-- I see less RNG dependance in pokemon.

Kerokuu Kappa

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
Honestly, I found Crazy Orders to be more fun than Master Orders.
Mainly because I always take it too far and fail.

One Tilt

Smash Apprentice
Bleh. Got to 20 with Mario just to lose at the fight with the hands because I happened to have two Bowsers as the AIs... they really take up the whole screen... Still, I came up with a pretty straightforward method that seems to work.

Firstly, don't do anything you can use equipment on without equipment. It's terribly imbalanced, so there is no reason not to use every cheap advantage you can get in retaliation. Specifically, the vampire trait is beyond invaluable-- it single-handedly solves a full half of the game's most brokenly screwed-up challenges. That said, the simplest way to get one is 8 KOs in cruel melee with Lucina, which is the world's worst use of 'simplest'.

Still, if you get that plus two decent +defense equipments, you can literally get to 18 turns whilst at 0% if you play your cards right. The key is to always take giant battles and metal battles whenever a horde or 1v1 (maybe 1v2) are available. Why? Because they're going to take a lot of hits whilst still going down in a reasonable amount of time (as they're almost always going to be easy to KO), and your constant attacks will trigger heals, minimizing their threat. That, and you need to get a few lucky SDs to get to 20 reliably, and the easiest way to force those is to repeatedly smash a metal fighter offstage. Horde battles are mostly because Mario OHKOs any horde opponent with a dash attack, which lets one get free time and take minimal damage by picking them off one by one.

As for the hands themselves, I think focusing on one or the other will help a bit, whilst bashing the two AIs away whenever crowded (jump a lot). I'd give more help for that, but I ended up at like 0%, so I was screwed from the start by having no HP bonus (the downside to this method).

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I usually go until I screw up and take a ton of damage in one round, then assuming I survive, I go into the final battle. I will try to KO the CPU fighters right away during the first strike bonus, then go for the hands. You have to move fast and dodge very well, and the vampire equipment helps quite a bit during the final battle as well. I manage to win the final battle every now and then, but usually I just get KOed and lose half of my stuff.

Shog

Smash Ace
I got 31 with Yoshi, a Baseball bat, 10 sec invincibility if you hit first and some brain power.

You get ridicolous prices if you manage to go so far. I love that mode

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
3. The mode needs fair AI. The AI shouldn't prioritise you and ignore all other targets, it's not fair. When I'm KO'd from it, I don't feel like it was my fault, I feel there was nothing I could do about it because I had 4 computers out for blood and going after my ***.
all your complaints are just because you're unable to succeed at it. Things aren't terrible when you can't beat it. That being said, i do find terrible but not because i can't beat it, because it's completely broken with a homerun bat build.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I wish I wouldn't have to rely on luck to actually beat round 3 :p

pollo20x6

Smash Journeyman
Crazy Orders isn't challenging. It's cheap. Battletoads is challenging. Ninja Gaiden is challenging. The game asking you to complete 20 turns with the AI running away is cheap.

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
I agree to an extent, Items do tend to mess you over in Crazy Orders, or any single player mode for that matter. With the pressure of only having one life, it feels like one little mistake can spell your defeat, and having items on certainly doesn't alleviate that pressure. I also think they should have disabled Master Hand's card trick (You know what I'm talking about.) if you can't get off of the cards for whatever reason, GAME OVER, so if you're attempting to beat Crazy Orders in 20 turns with Mario, that one attack can ruin your whole run in an instant. In summation, Crazy Orders is very difficult, but with that said, it's meant to be, with enough skill, and strategy, it can be beaten. I know I'm responding to an old post, but here are some tips to make Crazy Orders more...Bearable.

1: USE CUSTOM EQUIPMENT! There's no shame in it, it's practically imperative, I equipped the Rare Brawn Badge for extra attack power, the Vintage Overalls for some defense, and the Vampire Brawn Badge for healing, this helps circumvent the condition where you only heal a quarter of your damage between matches.

2: Choose battles wisely. You only have ten minutes to beat twenty rounds, meaning your matches much last no more than thirty seconds, with that in mind, select the battles that will likely take the least amount of time. Go for horde battles if they're available, they're usually the quickest and easiest, use Mario's slide attack to take out foes quickly. Go for giant battles, but only up to the tenth round, this is important because from round ten and onward, the computers get smarter, and a couple of good hits from a giant can knock you out easily. Go for team battles, the knock back for your opponents is usually increased, so the matches should be over quickly. Go for one on one free for alls, they're pretty simple, but they don't show up in later turns. Avoid Metal Battles, they take forever, don't pick unless you feel like your other two choices are too rough. Avoid eight player free for all, they are time wasters.

3: On the final round, try to take a bit of damage, the more damage you have, the more health you'll have when you fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand. You start out with one hundred and fifty by default, but any damage you have gets added to that.

4: When fighting the hands, take out Master Hand first, his card trick can K.O you instantly, the faster you take him out, the less chance of that happening.

I hope this helps, and good luck with Crazy Orders if you haven't already beaten it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm surprised that I didn't catch this thread getting bumped sooner, because it's definitely an old thread for not having any replies for over 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom