• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy idea: combine characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I was thinking. Yeah that happens.
We have Mario. We have Yoshi. You can play with them, they have their own moveset. But what happens if you could COMBINE them in one unique character?

You know, in the roster menu you just drag the Mario icon into the Yoshi icon... And here we are, we have a new character. Mario riding Yoshi.

I didn't think of a moveset, but I would love it.

That could happen with Donkey Kong + Diddy Kong too. Or the Pokémon Trainer feat Pikachu?

Let me know what do you think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Instead of "Combining Characters" Mario riding Yoshi would be a good "Team Special" ability

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
why doesn't this surprise me? :troll:

so, now we can have Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem as playable characters and combine Reshiram or Zekrom with Kyurem to play as Black Kyurem and White Kyurem?

or what? Pikachu + Ganondorf = Pikachu with Ganon's moveset like hacking?

like this???
[COLLAPSE="Click to see"]
[/COLLAPSE]

... okay... enough lame jokes. it could work for very few characters, in fact, I can only think Mario or Luigi with Yoshi, like the OP states, so...

or pull some Ice Climber thing, where you play as a pair of characters?

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Hmm. So what happens if you combine Zelda and Sheik?

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I WOULD say that I miss Dragon Ball Z now

But I have the entire series from Dragonball to GT, so if I miss it isn't my own fault here.

It comes down to my laziness

TheAwesomefroggy

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't this just recreate the Ice Climber chain grab problem? I also can't think of a proper moveset, but if Nintendo can think of one, then maybe.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
What about incorperating Dr. Mario, Paper Mario into Mario? He's by far the biggest, most important character in the game, so why not give him 3 different forms?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about incorperating Dr. Mario, Paper Mario into Mario? He's by far the biggest, most important character in the game, so why not give him 3 different forms?
Why don't we just get it over with and make every character Mario?

He could be wearing all their outfits and use their moves and everything.

D

Deleted member

First thing that popped up in my head when reading the title was not the Fusion Dance, but rather DNA Digivolving.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
well like what if it works like a final smash in team battles. Mario rides yoshi, Mario and Luigi use some kind of attack from one of the RPG games, DK and Diddy use the the Kong roll or something idk the possibilities are enormous.

Reyson

Smash Journeyman
Why don't we just get it over with and make every character Mario?

He could be wearing all their outfits and use their moves and everything.
There's no need to be feisty, I'm just saying that Link's got 2 versions of himself in the game so it wouldn't be so bad if Mario got a couple in his abilities.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Only few characters can be mixed with one another so we don't get odd issues mentioned above.
I for some reason forgot about this topic.

Anyway, what Young Horsetail says.

The "fusionzzz" I was thinking about are these:

- Mario or Luigi on Yoshi: the moveset can be easily taken from Super Mario World. Also, not every move must be different.

- Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong: they work like in Country Returns, simple as that. The difference is that now DK can use the rocket a little bit. Diddy can shoot nuts and DK can do that "earthquake attack" again.

Not something like Link and Ganondorf working in pair, that wouldn't make sense. Obviously it would be a quality of only some characters, like the above and maybe 2/3 more tops.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Pfft. You crazy people thinking about DBZ Fusion and Digimon DNA Digivolving. "Combine characters" can only mean one thing.

Yes.

In all seriousness, I suppose the idea could work. One combo that could work would be Kirby riding King Dedede like in Kirby 64!

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Pfft. You crazy people thinking about DBZ Fusion and Digimon DNA Digivolving. "Combine characters" can only mean one thing.

Yes.

In all seriousness, I suppose the idea could work. One combo that could work would be Kirby riding King Dedede like in Kirby 64!
In all seriousness, who's that guy?

The Kirby and D3 combo would be great. And adorable.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I read the article and I still don't know what it is

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Looks like my Half-Life reference fell flat on its face. That's a Combine Soldier. As in, a Combine character. From where the joke was derived.

ManicRaider

Smash Cadet
How about some characters like Yoshi, DK and DeDeDe can "carry" other characters in story mode? The player who is Yoshi (or whoever) can control the movement while the other player controls attacks.

Btw, I'm not asking for this this to be an actual feature. This is just me adding to what the OP has suggested so there's no need for any negative comments.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I think the feature you're talking about is a little bit complicate. Also a fighting game in which you can control the movement but not the actual moves? Nah.
It could work if you control both like I say, in my opinion.

ManicRaider

Smash Cadet
I think the feature you're talking about is a little bit complicate. Also a fighting game in which you can control the movement but not the actual moves? Nah.
It could work if you control both like I say, in my opinion.
I didn't specifically state it but it was suggested that the feature only works with 2 or more players not just one. So it wouldn't be "a fighting game in which you can control the movement but not the actual moves" as you put it. Besides it would have to work with each players cooperation meaning they'd have to press a button or two at the same time to activate it. Plus I added in story mode to differentiate it from other modes like Vs. so no one would try to say it would "ruin the game" or some other criticism but I guess I failed at that.

How about some characters like Yoshi, DK and DeDeDe can "carry" other characters in story mode? The player who is Yoshi (or whoever) can control the movement while the other player controls attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom