• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy Hand v1.31 - Character editing program

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I'm doing some animation swapping and I'm looking for the names of fox's original taunt and corneria taunt to switch them. I've found something called AppealSStartR, AppealSR, and AppealSEndR. These appear to be the corneria taunts for facing right. I've changed these with random animations and it changes the corneria taunt. The problem is, I'm pretty sure these are the values for the regular D-pad up taunts for every other character besides fox (and possibly falco, haven't tried him yet). If anyone can provide some insight, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Here's the taunt if you're not familar

lecceo

Smash Rookie
anyone know how to modify throws? specifically end lag(amount of time after throw). I tried modifying the timer at the end of some throws, but they often just do weird things. All of the throws that i modified this way also permanently have the electricity attribute, and i cant change it. Anyone know whats going on?
also, thanks to all of the people who have previously helped me.

EDIT: also, where might i find other melee modding tools? Or even just locations of certain things in a hex editor?
EDIT: also, any idea why my font for some things on this site randomly just became navy blue instead of orange? I cant read anything. lol

Last edited:

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know how to make freezing attacks? There are three "Unknown [4 bytes]" in the Climbers' down b, so I tried replacing the Asynchronous timer at the end of Roy's F-Smash with them one at a time, but nothing seemed to do the trick. Am I going about this wrong?

Itaru

MasterGanon
Bug report.

I think 14000000 0000XXXX is Subroutine and 1C000000 0000XXXX is Go To.

And, there is something wrong with throw command.
After editing angle of throw commands, it had electric effect.

Ampers Ampers , Tater Tater

Last edited:

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
I think 14000000 0000XXXX is Subroutine and 1C000000 0000XXXX is Go To.
Is this in reference to me or lecceo?
If it's in reference to me, could you explain further?

Also, I'm having trouble with frame speed modifiers. I don't see any change in the speed, regardless of what value I throw in. It should be noted that when I try to apply the FSM engine, I hear some sort of error sound.

Itaru

MasterGanon
Is this in reference to me or lecceo?
If it's in reference to me, could you explain further?

Also, I'm having trouble with frame speed modifiers. I don't see any change in the speed, regardless of what value I throw in. It should be noted that when I try to apply the FSM engine, I hear some sort of error sound.
Oh, sorry. It is bug report about CrazyHand.

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
Tater Tater , did you ever put your updated code for Crazy Hand v1.30 on Github? I was getting ready to update a few things but it looks like the most up to date version available online is v1.22.

Tater

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Taternater
3DS FC
2406-5307-2936
Tater Tater , did you ever put your updated code for Crazy Hand v1.30 on Github? I was getting ready to update a few things but it looks like the most up to date version available online is v1.22.
Oh dang, I think I haven't yet :p
The code on my end is a little incomplete(As per usual) but I can upload it tomorrow-ish since I'm about to leave for a new years shindig.

Bug report.
And, there is something wrong with throw command.
After editing angle of throw commands, it had electric effect.
Ampers Ampers , Tater Tater
This bug has been on my radar for a while-- I'll fix it before I upload my updated code to github.

blue_spark

Smash Rookie
It's running via Java. If it's not working, it's your JVM installation. There's no code that would cause it to need 64-bit libs, AFAIK.
thanks I though thats what it might be but I didn't know. thanks! I will try reninstalling again

blue_spark

Smash Rookie
just reinstalled it an
It's running via Java. If it's not working, it's your JVM installation. There's no code that would cause it to need 64-bit libs, AFAIK.
just reinstalled it and same thing :/ I geuess I will just mod project m :/
edit- i will start moding smash 4 so I will be doing that instead

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
just reinstalled it an

just reinstalled it and same thing :/ I geuess I will just mod project m :/
Try using this special thing I made. Run the create.bat, and then the open.bat create.bat makes. Report back with what open.bat says, (It'll either confirm you have a java path or say that you don't.) (If it does say you have one it should run fine through the open.bat) B blue_spark

Last edited:

Kekker

Smash Cadet
FSM Support (credits to Ampers): Crazy Hand now has support for the "Frame Speed Modifier" code written by the wonderful @Magus420. You can now quickly and easily add in modifiers that affect how quickly an action occurs, and on what frames it affects. Crazy Hand will also automatically put the modifiers in the correct order that the FSM code requires (All modifiers of the same character grouped together, and starting frames listed in reverse order for each specific subaction). Pressing save will also inject all of the necessary code for the FSM engine to work properly.
Please note: Due to a pretty big oversight when designing this, only 20xx iso's are currently supported for the FSM GUI. The reason being that a vanilla melee v1.02 iso already contains data in the location that Crazy Hand tries to put the FSM data. Achilles' 20xx hack on the other hand has this location completely free and usable making it the only currently supported iso.
Can I just clear out where the FSM data would go in my 1.02 ISO, so I wouldn't have to download 20xx? Would deleting the data in that area break the game? If yes, where is that data stored so I can delete it? Ampers Ampers Tater Tater

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
Can I just clear out where the FSM data would go in my 1.02 ISO, so I wouldn't have to download 20xx? Would deleting the data in that area break the game? If yes, where is that data stored so I can delete it? Ampers Ampers Tater Tater
That information is actually outdated, CH now works with or without a 20xx iso.

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
That information is actually outdated, CH now works with or without a 20xx iso.
I tried clicking the button to apply FSM, but an error noise plays and none of my frame speed modifiers take effect. Any idea what could cause this?

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
I tried clicking the button to apply FSM, but an error noise plays and none of my frame speed modifiers take effect. Any idea what could cause this?
Uhh... I'm almost certain Tater added in support for non-20xx iso's a while back. Are you sure you are using the most up-to-date version of CH? It should be v1.30

snuffysam

Smash Apprentice
Uhh... I'm almost certain Tater added in support for non-20xx iso's a while back. Are you sure you are using the most up-to-date version of CH? It should be v1.30
It is 1.30, yes. If it helps, I'm on a mac. Not sure why java would work differently, since that's sort of the point of java, but that might have something do do with it?

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
The way that animation changing isn't just exactly swapping the animation itself but the animation and all its quirks got me thinking. I now have a theory it is related to interrupts, action physics, and all that stuff in the table of contents(0x3BF8000). This is really interesting, I'll post any results I find tomorrow.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
The way that animation changing isn't just exactly swapping the animation itself but the animation and all its quirks got me thinking. I now have a theory it is related to interrupts, action physics, and all that stuff in the table of contents(0x3BF8000). This is really interesting, I'll post any results I find tomorrow.
When tat finds something interesting you know something good's about to happen :p Good luck to you.

Flipsmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
Matthewba
3DS FC
4597-0005-1713
For some reason, every time I go to the Frame Speed Modifiers tab, the whole program crashes. When I try different Melee iso's, it doesn't crash. Importing the FSM data fixes the issue, but I don't want to do that, only because the last time I backed it up was right before a whole bunch of work. I'm thinking there's a way to get the data from the iso and then import it, but I'm not sure how to do that and if it's possible at all.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
For some reason, every time I go to the Frame Speed Modifiers tab, the whole program crashes. When I try different Melee iso's, it doesn't crash. Importing the FSM data fixes the issue, but I don't want to do that, only because the last time I backed it up was right before a whole bunch of work. I'm thinking there's a way to get the data from the iso and then import it, but I'm not sure how to do that and if it's possible at all.
It's because you have too much data in the FSM Modifier table. You can fix this by deleting a certain amount till you have enough space at the offset in the .dol. There *is* a limit to the amount of FSM modifications you can have, so be wary of that. If it's too much, the program doesn't seem to know how to handle it. It's shame you can only have a certain amount, but it's about 150, which in and of itself is pretty crazy.

Flipsmash

Smash Rookie
NNID
Matthewba
3DS FC
4597-0005-1713
It's because you have too much data in the FSM Modifier table. You can fix this by deleting a certain amount till you have enough space at the offset in the .dol. There *is* a limit to the amount of FSM modifications you can have, so be wary of that. If it's too much, the program doesn't seem to know how to handle it. It's shame you can only have a certain amount, but it's about 150, which in and of itself is pretty crazy.
Wow, I didn't realize that was possible to have too many modifiers, I'll have to be more careful now!
EDIT: What offset can I find the data at in the dol?

Last edited:

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Wow, I didn't realize that was possible to have too many modifiers, I'll have to be more careful now!
EDIT: What offset can I find the data at in the dol?
It depends on the version, there's a 1.02 and a 1.00 version as far as I'm aware. I'm sorry, I'll help you find it exactly later. Just look up achilles fsm data, it should show the offset and what hex was replaced, then the table for the actual data.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
So guys, does the "number of jumps" thing even work? If you have 0 it's the regular amount of jumps but if you have any number higher than zero it's infinite jumps.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
So guys, does the "number of jumps" thing even work? If you have 0 it's the regular amount of jumps but if you have any number higher than zero it's infinite jumps.
Its not exactly 0. Look into the value and you get something something E.

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
Its not exactly 0. Look into the value and you get something something E.
Yeah, as I recall that value is the only attribute in the list that isn't a actually a floating point, but CH reads all of the values as floats. The real value I believe is 0x00000002 or something like that.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Yeah, as I recall that value is the only attribute in the list that isn't a actually a floating point, but CH reads all of the values as floats. The real value I believe is 0x00000002 or something like that.
So what would you change it to to make characters have just one more jump than they have? When you look at the values for regular characters with two jumps you get 2.8E-45, and when you look at Jiggly/Kirby you get 8.4E-45. I'm gonna see if replacing Jiggs's value with a regular two jump character would work, but it still wouldn't be 3 jumps.

Edit: Nope, changing the value just gives the character infinite jumps.

Last edited:

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
So what would you change it to to make characters have just one more jump than they have? When you look at the values for regular characters with two jumps you get 2.8E-45, and when you look at Jiggly/Kirby you get 8.4E-45. I'm gonna see if replacing Jiggs's value with a regular two jump character would work, but it still wouldn't be 3 jumps.

Edit: Nope, changing the value just gives the character infinite jumps.
Oh sorry, I guess I didn't finish explaining: The whole thing is still a bit screwy and unfortunately you cannot set a character to have a fixed numbers of jumps like you want this way. I believe it behaves like this:

value is < 2 ... character will not have an aerial jump
value is = 2 ... character will have a single aerial jump
value is > 2 ... character will have infinite aerial jumps, and can also jump out of freefall

This might behave a bit differently for puff and kirby, I've never tested it.

Last edited:

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Oh sorry, I guess I didn't finish explaining: The whole thing is still a bit screwy and unfortunately you cannot set a character to have a fixed numbers of jumps like you want this way. I believe it behaves like this:

value is < 2 ... character will not have an aerial jump
value is = 2 ... character will have a single aerial jump
value is > 2 ... character will have infinite aerial jumps, and can also jump out of freefall

This might behave a bit differently for puff and kirby, I've never tested it.
Oh well. That's fine, it wasn't very important anyway :p

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Hey guys, I wanna show you something. Guess we could call it an "advertisement" for Crazy Hand... on the Crazy Hand thread. Anyway, I was modding characters and putting them on reddit (previous modifications at the bottom) and I just wanted to show you guys. And it's pretty cool, because without Crazy Hand, I wouldn't be able to do it! Thank you to the creators, and keep up the good work.

Spawn_32

Smash Rookie
Hey, I have another question. Is it possible to make a character float during a subaction like Ness during his PK Thunder? I looked at the subactions for his Up-B but all I could find were "subroutines" I'm guessing one of them made him float or something? I know very little about hacking so I'm not sure.

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I have another question. Is it possible to make a character float during a subaction like Ness during his PK Thunder? I looked at the subactions for his Up-B but all I could find were "subroutines" I'm guessing one of them made him float or something? I know very little about hacking so I'm not sure.
Its probably his action physics for his up-b, I posted some notes somewhere on this thread about interrupts (the same can be applied to action physics).

Last edited:

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
I'm doing some animation swapping and I'm looking for the names of fox's original taunt and corneria taunt to switch them. I've found something called AppealSStartR, AppealSR, and AppealSEndR. These appear to be the corneria taunts for facing right. I've changed these with random animations and it changes the corneria taunt. The problem is, I'm pretty sure these are the values for the regular D-pad up taunts for every other character besides fox (and possibly falco, haven't tried him yet). If anyone can provide some insight, it'll be greatly appreciated.

Here's the taunt if you're not familar

I'm not sure what you mean. I know that "AppealL" and "AppealR" are the regular taunts for EVERY character. I.E. Ness's "Okay", Kirby's "Hi", the regular taunts. Since this is the case, AppealSStartR, AppealSR, and AppealSEndR all sound like they'd be for his special taunt specifically when he's facing right. If that's the case, there should be a left version as well.

Last edited:

Ampers

Smash Journeyman
A new build of Crazy hand is ready!
Here's the download: Crazy Hand v1.31

This is a fairly small release but I hope you guys like it. There are some new additions made by Tater,myself, and also Tatatat0. Here's what's new:
--Move Logic Editor - There's now a new window you can access via the drop-down menu that will allow you to edit a character's move logic. (credits to Tater)
--Spawn Projectile event support - There's now support for Achilles' custom event that allows you to spawn projectiles. Please note: this requires an asm code inject! More details towards the end of the post. (credits to Ampers and Achilles)
--PlCo value editor - Currently this feature is a bit light, but you can now edit a few common values found in the PlCo.dat file. The values currently editable all pertain to hitstun. (credits to Tater)
-New Special move attributes - There are now a few new special move attributes added for falcon/ganon, pichu, and nana/popo. (credits to Tatatat0)

Addtionally, I have included the necessary codes needed to use Achilles' Projectile Spawning event and also his Self Heal/Damage event. I included them as a library file for DRGN's Melee Code Manager to make it easy. If you're not familiar with the program, here's how you would apply these mods:
1) Get the code manager program here.
2) In this release of Crazy Hand, there's a folder called "codes". In this folder you should find a single text document. Take that file and put it in the "Mods Library" folder of the Melee Code Manager.
3) Boot up Melee Code Manager and select your iso.
4) Browse to the "Injection Mods" tab and scroll down until you find the codes for these events. (You may need to press the rescan for mods button if you don't see them)
5) Select whichever code you want to use and press the save button.
6) The custom events should work now! Add them into any subaction in Crazy Hand and have fun.

That's all for now. Hope you guys like it! The next update of CH should hopefully allow you to edit hitboxes for these projectiles you can now spawn:

I wanted to include this with v1.31 but I ran into issues and I don't have the time to look into it any time soon. So I thought I'd release what we have already so people can start using the other new features.

Last edited:

tatatat0

Smash Journeyman
A new build of Crazy hand is ready!
Here's the download: Crazy Hand v1.31

This is a fairly small release but I hope you guys like it. There are some new additions made by Tater,myself, and also Tatatat0. Here's what's new:
--Move Logic Editor - There's now a new window you can access via the drop-down menu that will allow you to edit a character's move logic. (credits to Tater)
--Spawn Projectile event support - There's now support for Achilles' custom event that allows you to spawn projectiles. Please note: this requires an asm code inject! More details towards the end of the post. (credits to Ampers and Achilles)
--PlCo value editor - Currently this feature is a bit light, but you can now edit a few common values found in the PlCo.dat file. The values currently editable all pertain to hitstun. (credits to Tater)
-New Special move attributes - There are now a few new special move attributes added for falcon/ganon, pichu, and nana/popo. (credits to Tatatat0)

Addtionally, I have included the necessary codes needed to use Achilles' Projectile Spawning event and also his Self Heal/Damage event. I included them as a library file for DRGN's Melee Code Manager to make it easy. If you're not familiar with the program, here's how you would apply these mods:
1) Get the code manager program here.
2) In this release of Crazy Hand, there's a folder called "codes". In this folder you should find a single text document. Take that file and put it in the "Mods Library" folder of the Melee Code Manager.
3) Boot up Melee Code Manager and select your iso.
4) Browse to the "Injection Mods" tab and scroll down until you find the codes for these events. (You may need to press the rescan for mods button if you don't see them)
5) Select whichever code you want to use and press the save button.
6) The custom events should work now! Add them into any subaction in Crazy Hand and have fun.

That's all for now. Hope you guys like it! The next update of CH should hopefully allow you to edit hitboxes for these projectiles you can now spawn:

I wanted to include this with v1.31 but I ran into issues and I don't have the time to look into it any time soon. So I thought I'd release what we have already so people can start using the other new features.
Really nice! For the next update I can give quite a lot of PlCo.dat offsets. (I have some rather unknown ones in my notes) Edit: I noticed you spoke of including more character attributes in ganon but I don't believe any were added.

Last edited:
Top Bottom