• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Crazy For Glory Experiences

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
There's not much to say about this thread other than posting about some of your craziest For Glory experiences. This just happened not even an hour ago, but while shuffling through For Glory, I happened to run into a fellow Smashboards user: @ raizur raizur
Since I trained him on how to use Mega Man one time, it was both crazy and hilarious to meet someone you know on For Glory. He won 3 out of the 4 matches we did, but it was still incredibly fun. I gotta tell you guys, Raizur's Kirby is pretty good, and as a Kirby main myself, I need to get better with his abilities. :)
So, anyone got some stories to tell? :p

raizur

Smash Cadet
NNID
raizur
3DS FC
4425-1652-3596
Hey thanks! Those were some really fun matches indeed!
Though it didn't happen to me, one of my friends fought AceStarThe3rd on FG the other day! He said he won and lost a few. sent me replays of both.

Splooshi Splashy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Splooshi_Splashy
3DS FC
4768-8534-8805
My personal favorite crazy moment in all of FG Teams thus far that I can fondly remember was me as DH, allied with a Samus, going up against a Robin & Ike. Player names are sadly forgotten.

This pic from the 3DS FG Teams room straight up encapsulates that crazy moment:

From after that pic, I DTilted Ike when I was trying to DSmash him (this was in mid-March, aka pre-Mewtwo patch, btw, so the Direction Hold & then A+B method of doing Smashes on the 3DS was impossible), stopping him from charging Up Smash against my Samus buddy and allowing her to return to the stage while sending Ike off-stage (not KO'd yet, because lol DTilt when it was supposed to be DSmash). I walled out Robin while Samus was charging an up-angled FSmash in anticipation of Ike's Side B, and right when it looked like Ike was going to Side B her, she threw out that FSmash and CLEANLY beat it, KO-ing Ike in the process.

I don't remember too much about what happened in the rest of that match, but I DO remember ultimately winning that match in the end. I had sent that replay on the online servers some time ago, but the updates sadly rendered it unplayable.

This moment was what ultimately inspired my avatar and these topics, some time later.

EDIT: Well, THIS avatar:

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
This was on Anther's Ladder instead of For Glory, but that is where all my crazy matches happen. I was playing as Ryu against another Ryu player whose name I can't remember, and everything was going normally. About halfway through the match, I tried to use True Shoryuken against my opponent, but it turned out he used that same move at the exact same time as me, so we hit each other into the air at the exact same time.

This is nothing too crazy, but it was hilarious when it happened. I wish I still had the replay, but that annoying update deleted it.

Last edited:

One Handed Sword

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1005-9385-3445
When I managed to spike someone twice in a row as Ike.

Guy playing as pacman uses trampoline near edge of stage we are both on it. We jump off stage together and I spike him at this point I coulda just went back on ledge. But I spiked him a second time. I lost but I never felt so badass in my smash career.

(BUT THE DAMN UPDATE REMOVED THE REPLAY!!! WHYYYYYYY WHYYY ME!! ANSWER ME WHYYYYYY!??)

abx

Smash Journeyman
Several patches ago I was facing a ROB with King Dedede and somehow I ended up throwing a Gordo while ROB was running into the king. ROB took around 300% damage and flew off the stage.

Just yesterday I faced a Villager with Ness. The Villager planted a tree and predicted that I was going to reflect it (I attempted to do so before). Villager then took the projectile and threw it back at me, taking me by surprise. I should have tried to reflect it again, would have been funny.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I fought a Mega Man user as Falco when I reflected his forward smash, killing him but also ended up killing myself in the process when I couldn't make it back on stage. I beat him afterwards but it was still a good match. Unfortunately, this happened before the 1.0.8 patch...and I had a replay of that one, too. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Fryelt

Smash Rookie
NNID
glaceonmaster
3DS FC
3411-0519-9114
I just fought someone on 3ds 1v1 named shaq (That name's well known here, so I figured I'd ask here). He used Roy, Meta Knight and a couple of other characters, holy moly did he expose me in the last hour and a half lol. I was the Blue Kirby/Black Falco/Ludwig who also used Rosa and Sheik for a couple of matches, for the heck of it. Had to leave 'cause chores, I'd like to fight you again, and ask you a few questions about my playstyle so I can get better :p

EDIT : RIP me I posted on the wrong thread xD Still works I guess since he exposed me kinda hard

Last edited:

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
on 1.8 I had a 1v1 match against this lucario on balloon fight and we were both on our last stock and we both got screen ko'd with about 2 minutes left on the clock, needless to say I won and they were mad salty and left.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
I think my craziest moment was when I got a triple KO using Dedede's dash attack.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just today, actually. I was playing the 3DS version, and using Sheik with the dark alt. I get paired up with someone and the stage is Brinstar... and they're using the exact same character with the exact same alt.

Why was this an issue? Because if someone is using the same alt. as you, they end up having a darker tone for their character. And Brinstar is a particularly dark stage. AND I COULD BARELY SEE HIM. I legitimately had trouble fighting this guy because he blended in so well with the stage. It was the most frustrating 4 minutes I've had this month, even if I won.

Last edited:

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
I managed to find both a Link and a Samus player that did not camp, roll or spam projectiles the whole game.

FightingPorygonTeam

Smash Apprentice
Once I was at high percent against a Dedede, who threw a gordo at me while I was at the ledge. Then I made the mistake of dropping down instead of rolling onto the stage, and I got hit by the gordo, into the stage, back into the gordo, then the stage spiked me to death.

I still have problems sleeping at night.

Bellerophon

Smash Cadet
NNID
mistermaster420
:4miigun:I was recently playing a 1v1 tournament against the campiest :4miigun: ever with :4miibrawl:, and he ko'ed me in the last fifteen seconds. In that time, I racked the guy from 150% to 180%. In the last 5 seconds, he Up-B'd off the screen and as he was falling, I grabbed the ledges, fell, and then back-aired him at the last second, killing him.

I won by a massive percentage lead, and I hope that guy learned a good lesson. Don't mess with mii brawler Mike Tyson camp as :4miigun:, or anyone for that matter.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Every match is crazy with Robins new 'checkmate' true combo (d-throw-> u-air at specific percents) lol :psycho:

phantom man

Smash Journeyman
I was Jigglypuff facing a Captain Falcon. We were both at kill percents and I tried to use sing while he was Falcon Punching, for some reason he didn't fall asleep but after he killed me he slide all the way across the stage while falling asleep. I stared up at my ceiling for 3 solid minutes in silence, thining"I would have had that match in the bag" The worst part is that he was a side b spammer.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Any of those times where you input something wrong and it ends up killing your opponent have to be my favorite "crazy" occurrences. Falcon Kneed a guy when I meant to Dair him. Accidentally using Ike or Dedede's slow-as-all-hell Fsmash instead of Ftilt, but your opponent expected that tilt and sidestepped to get perfectly obliterated.

More recently, I was playing Random and got Ness. My opponent picked Mega Man. I was doing surprisingly well despite not knowing how to play Ness at all, so I thought I'd be cheeky and send a PK Thunder while standing on the ledge to harass him offstage. He successfully weaves around it so I direct the Thunder back towards the stage, but I was evidently so awful at aiming the thing I directed it into myself from above, flattening me on the ground. At the same time, he made the choice of immediately using his recovery instead of sweetspotting the ledge, presumably intending to punish me while I aimed the Thunder. But that ended up placing him next to me at the exact, fleeting moment that Ness gets a hitbox out of PK Thunder 2 before eating the dirt, sending him flying out of the stage leaving a bewildered me lying there prone on the ground. Since Ness cries out upon striking himself, I thought I'd somehow died before noticing I was the one still on the stage.

Last edited:

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Well, I was on For Glory FFA with Lucas and I had died. The other 3 people were all crowded around each other and fighting, so when I spawned, I walked over right into the middle of the scuffle with my invincibility frames activated from recently spawning and up smashed. TR-TR-TR-TRIPLE KILL.

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Recently I was in a 1-on-1, I was Falco, my opponent was Pikachu. We were near kill percent and on our last stocks. I was thrown off the stage and Pikachu tried to edgeguard me. I then used my side-b to try and recover; I missed the ledge, but I killed Pikachu unintentionally because he was in my path and was meteor smashed. I laughed for about a minute.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Every time I go for an off-stage d-air and end up footstooling the opponent to death, I smile. I can't be held responsible if it isn't my own doing, right~?

Even better, when I mean to go for f-smash and hit B instead...then, because the opponent retreats with the f-smash read, I connect with side-b and win. Magic~!

EDIT: why can't i spell today

Last edited:

SlickSnorlax

Smash Cadet
NNID
Persei
3DS FC
4699-5385-1643
One time, as Link, I was facing a Captain Falcon. We were both off the stage, and I threw a bomb up accidentally. As he was recovering, the bomb hit him, sending him straight into the blast zone.

Later that day, I was against another Captain Falcon. Knocked him off stage, threw bomb at his face, stage spike for the win.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I often spend my time on Team For Glory. And rarely I join an extremely professional server. I'm talking about spikes and techs and god-like spacing and everything. When I can keep up, IF I can, it's very fun.

Pokedex649

Smash Cadet
Several months after Bowser's side special was nerfed, I ended up playing against a player who would only use side special, attempting to suicide. Through over ten matches, the thought never occurred to them that it would only kill him first.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
That moment when two smash-attacks connect, and oneself ends with the priority of the attacks somehow and win. :denzel:

Top Bottom