• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cranky Kong( original Donkey Kong)

probopass

Smash Rookie
I think Kranky Kong should be in the game. Not how he apears in DKC but how he has apeared in the original games.

As you can see Original Cranky Kong is different than DK

Why he should be in it
1. He is mario's first enemy
2. He doesent have to be a clone of DK

Moves and stats

Size-*****-Bowser's size, larger than DK
Speed-**
Power-****
Weight-*****
Jump-***

B- Barrel throw- throws barrel across the stage

B-forward-Bug shoot- Takes out a pot that shoots out a few bugs from DK3

B-up- Cranky Jump- similer to Kirby's B up, sends small shock wave when reaches ground

B-down- Stomp- Stoms on ground and roars, does major to close enemies

Final smash- Mega stomp- Jumps into the air and stomps down causing the whole stage to shake

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
If Cranky Kong gets in before King K. Rool, I'll kill something; seriously.

Besdides, in the 0.00001% chance that Cranky gets in as playable, I would rather that he be in his older form, where he is more unique. Besides, he looks way cooler than his younger self, according to your pictures.

adaptor17

Smash Journeyman
yah i think it would be a lot cooler if the cranky kong from dk country made it in.that would be badass,just some old guy going around hitting people with his cane.if not a playable character(which i know will never happen), i think it would be nice he made it into the game as an AT.

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
If Cranky's the original Kong, then how come Donkey Kong's trophy states that his first appearance was in "Donkey Kong"?
Anyways, no chance at all.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I doubt it, Tiny, Lanky, Kiddy, K. Rool, Dixie, and Chunky all have better chances.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
If Cranky's the original Kong, then how come Donkey Kong's trophy states that his first appearance was in "Donkey Kong"?
His trophy is wrong, the original Donkey Kong is actually Cranky Kong, the creators of the Donkey Kong Country series (Rare) have officially stated that Cranky is the first Donkey Kong, this is further proven in moments when he breaks the fourth wall in Donkey Kong Land, DKC2, and other parts.

Moving on: I'd Love to see Cranky Kong (aka old school donkey kong) as a boss in subspace, or even just the old school donkey kong stage in brawl.

but as for a Character, he would probably have a moveset around barrels or something ridiculous. This is an interesting thought but I highly doubt he will appear in brawl before some others who far out prioritize him such as K. Rool or even Dixie Kong, But if he did manage to get into brawl I would be very curious to how he plays.

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
His trophy is wrong, the original Donkey Kong is actually Cranky Kong,
So Nintendo is wrong then, nice. :ohwell:

the creators of the Donkey Kong Country series (Rare) have officially stated that Cranky is the first Donkey Kong,
And Nintendo deemed this Un-canon.

interesting thought but I highly doubt he will appear in brawl before some others who far out prioritize him such as K. Rool or even Dixie Kong, But if he did manage to get into brawl I would be very curious to how he plays.

Cranky being in Brawl would be a stupid idea.

They created Cranky Kong, and the Donkey Kong Country series is canon to the Nintendo Universe.
True, but Nintendo (The rightful owners) changed the storyline.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
They also got Meta Knight's first apperance wrong.

And HAL created that game BTW lol

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
So Nintendo is wrong then, nice. :ohwell:

Nintendo did not get it wrong, the person who coded that information in did.

And Nintendo deemed this Un-canon.

Due to rare leaving.

Cranky being in Brawl would be a stupid idea.

Thank you for your opinion.

True, but Nintendo (The rightful owners) changed the storyline.

Well I think they should edit out some of Cranky's comments from most of the Donkey Kong Country games, unless they don't want people to be confused.
Before you respond, know that I am not trying to flame you, just responding with my own opinions, and knowledge from the DK series.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Yeah, HAL is mostly responsible for SSB, you can't just say 'NINTENDO CHANGED IT, ITS NON-CANON" because it's ultimately at the hands of the developer and staff working on the game. I'm not saying whether it's Canon or not because I don't know, but just because his trophy says otherwise isn't proof.

Also, no. Just...no

vesperview

Smash Hero
Cranky Kong is NOT the original Donkey Kong, God, I love how people create myths just because they don't have anything better to do with their lives, people just assume that because of the DKC intro:

There is by far no official source that confirms that.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Here's what Wikipedia has to say:

Rare has stated that Cranky is actually the Donkey Kong that pestered Mario in the original 1981 game by Nintendo, and that the current DK is his son;[1] in DKC2, Cranky states that when he was young, he was always "whisking away maidens and throwing barrels".

I'll still always associate the current DK with the original though, because the whole Cranky thing is confusing. If the current DK is Cranky's son, wouldn't that technically make him Donkey Kong Jr.? Also, how old is Mario then? None of it makes any sense.

Formula1

Smash Apprentice
I would be down with Cranky Kong if....................

He started out being an old man

His Final Smash he turns into the Orginal Giant Donkey Kong

Also I would want him to be a crappy character until you get used to short hopping
-Once you can short hop, there would be no stopping you
-It would be a sort of Old man with stwong Kung-Fu defeats the young inexpewienced Samuwai

I already posted moves for him on another thread

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=127513

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
Yeah, HAL is mostly responsible for SSB, you can't just say 'NINTENDO CHANGED IT, ITS NON-CANON"
And it's under the rights of Nintendo. Uh, yeah I can.
It's Nintendo's property, and they can do whatever the hell they want to it.
And in this case, they changed the storyline, stating that Cranky is not the ORIGINAL Donkey Kong.

because it's ultimately at the hands of the developer and staff working on the game.

But truly it all goes down on WHO owns the RIGHTS to the game.

I'm not saying whether it's Canon or not because I don't know, but just because his trophy says otherwise isn't proof.
It is proof.

Also, no. Just...no
Eh? :ohwell:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Cranky was in Melee, let's hope he's included in some form in Brawl!

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Here's what Wikipedia has to say:

Rare has stated that Cranky is actually the Donkey Kong that pestered Mario in the original 1981 game by Nintendo, and that the current DK is his son;[1] in DKC2, Cranky states that when he was young, he was always "whisking away maidens and throwing barrels".

I'll still always associate the current DK with the original though, because the whole Cranky thing is confusing. If the current DK is Cranky's son, wouldn't that technically make him Donkey Kong Jr.? Also, how old is Mario then? None of it makes any sense.
Yeah I don't understand why tehy did that either. I mean Mario would havta be Cranky's age. Maybe since the orginal Donkey Kong was Cranky maybe the orginal Mario aka Jump Man is mario's dad! So now maybe we should make a Jump Man for Brawl thread and try and get him and Cranky in Brawl! Nah that would be the worst idea ever. But Jump Man being Mario's dad is the only thing that would make sense I guess.

Top Bottom