• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CPU-lvl

Pitariolink

Smash Apprentice
what's the difference between a lvl 6 CPU and a lvl 9 ??
Yeah i know the lvl 9 is harder but what are the different aspects?

btw: on what lvl do you guys train with Pit? or you just don't train on CPU's?

NxC

Smash Apprentice
The only levels that matter for CPUs:

Level 3: Fully functional recovery abilities- will make all attempts to recover before dying.
Level 6: Stops any and all defensive tactics- will "always be after you"
Level 8: Mastery of Power-shielding, begins to attempt to block your attacks.

If you're going to practice against CPUs to get better, only practice on level 3s- they recover well, and that's all you need them to do. Their only real use is to try out combos/setups in a 'normal' setting- training mode fails simply because the option of slowing time down is a trap and your attacks don't get stale.

If you practice too much with level 7-9 CPUs, you'll fall into being able to read their reactions well, but be completely clueless in a 'real' match, since real people act completely different from CPUs. Practice with caution. Personally, I practice on level 3s only when no other options are available. Even crumby 'real people' are better practice. Unfortunately, I end up doing this a lot. 9_9;

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I dont practice at all really. The only playing time i get is during matches. Its okay to experiment while playing a friendly match.

Pitariolink

Smash Apprentice

If you're going to practice against CPUs to get better, only practice on level 3s- they recover well, and that's all you need them to do. Their only real use is to try out combos/setups in a 'normal' setting- training mode fails simply because the option of slowing time down is a trap and your attacks don't get stale.

If you practice too much with level 7-9 CPUs, you'll fall into being able to read their reactions well, but be completely clueless in a 'real' match, since real people act completely different from CPUs. Practice with caution. Personally, I practice on level 3s only when no other options are available. Even crumby 'real people' are better practice. Unfortunately, I end up doing this a lot. 9_9;
So you mean i'd better train on lvl 3 's while a lvl 8 capt falcon beats the crap out of me ( lost 3 matches in a row :( )

Quote for Ryos4

i can't really have much matches cause there aren't much tournaments here and only 3 friends(nOObs) play the game, but they don't have it. and it's not they come to me everyday xD

Top Bottom