• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Covering tech options

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
I space my self so im not in their attack range, and so I can cover 2 options at once. Although I struggle covering tech away. I end up using my needles before Istart tech chasing, any tips?

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
You should be tech chasing on reaction instead of what you're doing
Here's a video with basic things to help you think about what to do while tech chasing: http://youtu.be/o7l1IWUPznM
When tech chasing just down throw, wait until THE MOMENT they chose their tech option, and then follow it with grab before they can spot dodge/shine, so you need to get the timing for grabbing out of a tech (really an easy timing that you may already have ) down
Fox and falco are a little harder to tech chase because their tech animations are fast af and they can cover their getup with a 1 frame shine, so you'll have to be faster to catch them.
If you down throw and expect them to get up attack, just wait until you think they'll do it and shield it, then shield grab it into more tech chases
Boost grab (preformed by doing a jump cancel grab type input but inputting a instead, usuing a > grab to cancel your dash attack to boost the range of your dashing grab) is really good if you need to stretch your grab range a little further to catch them , especially good vs spacies but is an amazing tool sheik has in general
I suggest if you tech chase them to the ledge to down smash them or back throw them off into edge guard, and if they're a floatier character that can tech on platforms from down throw, make sure you space yourself so that THE MOMENT they tech you can jump and do an arial up air for up air chains, dair for pop up combos and a better alternative to up airing floatier characters) platform wave land regrab, or whatever you see most fit from under them.
Also if you catch people spot dodging your grabs too much down smash will stay out longer than their spot dodge and body them lmao

Last edited:

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Last edited:

Dandy_here

Smash Journeyman
You should be tech chasing on reaction instead of what you're doing
Here's a video with basic things to help you think about what to do while tech chasing: http://youtu.be/o7l1IWUPznM
When tech chasing just down throw, wait until THE MOMENT they chose their tech option, and then follow it with grab before they can spot dodge/shine, so you need to get the timing for grabbing out of a tech (really an easy timing that you may already have ) down
Fox and falco are a little harder to tech chase because their tech animations are fast af and they can cover their getup with a 1 frame shine, so you'll have to be faster to catch them.
If you down throw and expect them to get up attack, just wait until you think they'll do it and shield it, then shield grab it into more tech chases
Boost grab (preformed by doing a jump cancel grab type input but inputting a instead, usuing a > grab to cancel your dash attack to boost the range of your dashing grab) is really good if you need to stretch your grab range a little further to catch them , especially good vs spacies but is an amazing tool sheik has in general
I suggest if you tech chase them to the ledge to down smash them or back throw them off into edge guard, and if they're a floatier character that can tech on platforms from down throw, make sure you space yourself so that THE MOMENT they tech you can jump and do an arial up air for up air chains, dair for pop up combos and a better alternative to up airing floatier characters) platform wave land regrab, or whatever you see most fit from under them.
Also if you catch people spot dodging your grabs too much down smash will stay out longer than their spot dodge and body them lmao
Hey I remember you! You gave me some advice 2 months ago

Gいたん

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GlitchG
3DS FC
3797-5929-4063
Last edited:
Top Bottom