• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Couple Vids finally posted

SgtShock

Smash Rookie
I finally got a few vids uploaded on youtube. Just of me and my bro 1v1ing. My tag is JAM, his is BUD. I play Luigi for the most part, just trying to get better by playing with him as much as i can. My brother plays Mario alot, Falcon and Marth as well.

heres a couple if you wanna check em out. flame me if you want, i need the feedback on my game.

JAM(Luigi) vs BUD(Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4pMZwvQB2w

JAM(Luigi) vs BUD(Mario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vC8hpCfrXg

JAM(Luigi) vs BUD(Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB2a9RzpN_s

I got a bunch more, just i felt i should post these three. tell me what you think. any tips on how to improve my game? Be critical, be harsh. we all have flaws.. how can anyone hope to get better if nobody tells them how to improve?

Thanks guys, LUIGI FTW!!!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Ok here are the things you should work on.

Get wavedashing down. Some of your wavedashes are like triangle jumps and you just plain air dodge way to much.

While returning to the ledge, sometimes a well placed airdodge makes all the difference.

Marth is gay

Fireballs should be used sparingly. Don't wd back and fireball just for the hell of it.

Ftilt is Luigi's only move that works well on marth.

SgtShock

Smash Rookie
the only reason i use the fireballs so often, is to cancel his attack if he attempts to jump at me. it doesnt always work. but yeh Ftilts vs marth, thankyou ill try to use them more often. but one question, if i airdodge when returning from above the stage, he can just forward smash me ez.. ah i dont know lol. im still learning. yeh my wavedashes are a little sketchy. ill work on that too :p thanks

C 3

Smash Ace
I like your wavedashing mind games, but I noticed a few things that need improvement:

1.) You seriously lack defence. Int he first video, you were being hit by every attack thrown at you for the first 30 seconds, and to top it off you threw away your own stock.

2.) You seem to get really jumpy (not sure if that's the right word) when your opponent comes near you. Don't let that intimidate u, use tilts to counter his aerials, side dodge or wavedash forward/back.

3.) Work on WD'ing consistently.

4.) Take advantage of your opponent's lack of teching with smashes, or even up B.

5.) Work on your short hops.

Other than those things, you have a lot going for you!!

Keep up the good work!

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
Against the Marth, your Luigi seemed a bit sloppy. One thing was the wavedashing. You should really get that down perfectly because there were many times where he slashed you right after you attempted to wave dashed but triangle jumped or air dodged. Also, abuse the smashes more. At the end a wavedash to an u-smash would have helped. The down smash is alright for damage but can't really be relied on to kill upwards. You landed pretty nice combos at the end, but against Marth's use uptilts/forward tilts. Marth is one of Luigi's counters but Marth's are really really predictable. Never let a Marth catch you in the air. If that happens just pray you can mindgame your land because good Marth's should be able to juggle you. That doesn't mean don't use aerials but use them wisely. Play a little faster for some pressure. Abuse the fact that Luigi can Edge hog. Other than those, you did pretty well. More smashes =D.

SgtShock

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys, thanks for the tips and feedback.. Im getting better with the wavedashing and the mind games i got a couple other vids too. if you wanna see em you can just look my name up on youtube.com my account is JamieGajer check if you like.. still practicing though :p thanks again, anything else i should work on?

PRO LUIGI

Smash Rookie
you need 2 block more, use more short hop aerials and try 2 hit the grabs, btw that mario needs to learn how to cape O_o

Tricky.

Smash Cadet
instead of jumping before u use ur forward be to recover..just forward b then when get close to the edge...then u ur jump or Up b. that would give u more often.

u need to do more double aerials and work on ur short hoping still.
and also Wavedashing/Mindgames.

Last thing. Use ur shield more and shield grab more.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I watched 1 minute and 5 seconds of your vs Falcon vid.

1. Keep Falcon in the air with Dsmash/Uthrow/Utilt/Nair/DownB and Fair him when he's up there. Use unpredictable Dairs as well to combo and finish.

2. Use lots of Nair in the air to increase your chances of keepin him up there.

3. Make your dash attacks less predictable. I won't tell you not to use it cuz I know that its useful.. only if they don't see it coming and they can't counter it well (knock em off the edge?)

4. Wavedash more.. You have to be fast with Luigi or you'll get combo'd by Falcon's Uair.. another thing, STAY AWAY FROM HIS UAIR

5. Try Ftilt approaches a bit more. They can be useful.

6. Use the fireballs a bit less.. too much lag and vulnerability for only 6%, eh?

7. You might want to try tech chasing with Dthrow.. just an idea. I really suggest combos in the air more though, as your chances of getting a kill are better.

8. Just to let you know, if you get Falcon off the edge then he should be dead. He is SO EASY to edgeguard. All of your aerials will outprioritize his UpB, so don't be afraid. You can hang on the edge then ledgehop into Bairs/maybe Fair or Dairs.

9. don't be afraid to BE CREATIVE ;)

Sorry if you already do any of these things. I g2g so I couldn't watch all of your video. Good luck!

LUIGI FTW

Top Bottom