• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Countering cc'ers

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I was playing this really noob fox and all he did was cc. I couldn't combo him or anything. I still beat him, but he got me down to like 2 stocks. That shouldn't have happened. How do you beat cc'ers? Don't say d-tilt or u-smash plz. ThNSzX

Levitas

the moon
grab.

or DD to grab. Yes Ness's grab sucks. But if you mix it up with DDs to pk fire or far away dash attacks for the last spark, you should be able to condition the opponent sufficiently to grab him.

Better a noob fox than a noob samus, sheik, or peach though.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
Don't bother comboing, just do lots of damage. Bait him into attacking you and then counter his attacks during the lag. F-smash and bair and fairs when he's in the air will be your friend.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
He was a really big noob though. Lol it was pretty hilarious when I was playing him. I combo'ed him 0-death using only dair and then a bair. lolz

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If all he does it CC, use PK Fire. I'm guessing maybe 20% damage?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
dtilt, retreat

foot cancel

dair

full hop fair hitting him on the way up

dtilt, shield

djc fair, retreat

djc bair, grab

djc bair, dtilt, retreat

djc bair, retreat

there are tons more....these are mostly baits...after the retreats(which should be just beyond the range of whatever moves the opponent has time to hit u with...usually just a WD back or dash dance away) react to what you baited out of the opponent

or you could just hit him with a series of quick hits that you can retreat from quickly to build up his percent so he cant CC...altho i like baiting much better...with baiting you can get your opponent into a defensive play style...and ness enjoys it when they play like that^_^

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Don't try to combo him if your combos aren't working. Try hit and run tactics instead. If he's crouch cancelling too much, PK fire and throws.

If all else fails, pick Peach and downsmash his ***..

Top Bottom