• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Countering bananas?

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
There is only one thing stopping me from maining diddy kong with my lucas. The bananas. The bananas are great, and work wonders for me, but whenever someone turns them against me though, I get screwed over, I played a match against my friend's mario and my bananas only brought the end of me. Any strats or ideas that can help me regain my control with the bananas?

--E--

Smash Rookie
You have a few options, and this is what I personally do when my bananas have switched their alliance.

Time a catch; If they are being thrown directly at you just time an 'A' press and you will catch them thus bringing them back on your side (just like any projectile).

Dash Attack Pick-up: Diddy's cartwheel will allow him to pick up opposing bananas, just execute a dash attack right before you go over the banana it it will be yours.

Approach with caution: Or you can just casually walk up to the banana and pick it up. NOTE: you have to be next to the banana to not activate the slip animation.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just don't trip on any of them that are lying on the ground. Regarding if they're thrown at you, that's another story.

denizen

Smash Apprentice
i usually just dash attack to pick them up most of the time...the good thing about it is that diddy's dash attack animation allows him to seamlessly pick up a banana and throw it (if you want) right after.

Top Bottom