• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counter Spamming

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
I play a Little Mac online in for glory and he just sits at the edge of the battlefield and spams counter whenever I attack. This counter attack needs to get removed.

Anyway, what do I do against counter spamming Little Macs?

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
Try fake outs. If they're a bad player, they'll counter right away. You can just wait a second after "charging" them and punish accordingly. One fun tactic I like to use is to run towards a counter spammer full speed, then dodge roll once I get to them so that I slip behind them and punish from behind. They usually don't see it coming. Another option is to use projectiles. If you're close enough, throw something at them to trigger a counter, then punish with a dash attack. And did you say they're playing Little Mac? On the edge of the stage? Grab them and throw them! Little Mac are terrible in the air! If you can grab and throw them (grabs counter a counter.), punish them with an aerial and watch then spiral down to the abyss below!

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I don't play Wario. Sorry. :/ Like I said, you could try a dodge roll towards them. If they're reactive, anything that stalls for a moment before an attack should give you the opportunity to punish while they flounder helplessly in their failed counter.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
That's OK, I don't use Pac-Man. If you like, I have made a Wario guide in SSB4 Characters Discussion under Wario.
You should check it out.

3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
My advice wasn't exclusive to just Pac-Man. I generally alternate between Little Mac, Pac-Man, Villager, and DHD for my mains. As far as I'm concerned, that advice should work for most characters. In fact, Pac-Mans grab is rather slow, so it may not be ideal for grabbing a counter spammer.

Last edited:
3DS FC
0061-0163-0572
I haven't tried it, but given how the move has a bit of starting leg, it might work. If you're unsure, just wait for the counters initial attack time to disappear, then punish accordingly.

Garlic Wonder

Smash Apprentice
I think it's best to do Wario's Back Throw, the Wild Swing Ding from Wario World, and then when Mac is trying to recover, just use Wario's Nairs a bit and then Mac will fall to his doom.

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
One idea could be to get to the other side, then spawn a bike and dismount. Send it rolling after him as a projectile.

Top Bottom