• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

counter against ZZS

FuryX

Smash Cadet
whats a good counter against ZZS. most people i play against that use ZZS spam the **** out of the armor pieces and i usually use slow characters so its hard to dodge them. also sidestepping seems to be the only thing that works. But still it gets very annoying and then when the pieces finally disappear i have like 60 damage they have like ten. on top of that then she just too fast and is a ***** to fight. any good counter picks for her? P.s. i dont really like the characters with reflectors.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
i think marth maybe...i have troubles with marth sometimes when i use ZSS but that could just be me.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Catch them and toss em back?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You're a Snake player.

And you're asking for a Zamus counter?

D:

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
dam i shouldnt of helped...lol

i thought other ppl wouldve done it, since ive seen others do the same in other boards

Ørion

Smash Ace
Lol don't help him!! Just kidding, I would try catching and throwing them back, like others suggested. Also you could try dropping / jumping to a new platform when she's throwing them, this may be slower and less graceful than dodging/catching, but it you do not need quite as good reflex to do it (if you were having trouble).

Snakeee

Smash Master
You're a Snake player.

And you're asking for a Zamus counter?

D:
Really? I haven't seen him as a counter if you space yourself properly ( but don't give him alot of space either). Basically, keep him not too close and not too far.

I don't think there are any matches that I would call terrible, as in a bad Melee match up epecially as I see Brawl having less auto combos and all that.
The worst match ups are probably Metaknight, Pit, and Toon Link.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
SNAKE?! SNAKE?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Nah, he's not really a counter, as he's far to slow to really match up. All you need to do is dodge his grenades / mines / rockets (Really easy much?) and don't let him hit you with his jabs. Not a difficult opponent.

As Snakeee said, it's really MK, Pit, and TL that give ZSS the most trouble. I'd add Olimar too.

Edit: My roflcopter goes SOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOISOI

Snakeee

Smash Master
D1ddy K0ng counters Z$S really well, it's quite annoying actually.
Yes, I'm starting to realize that he is a problem as well...at least you can glide across the stage throwing his bananas though lol. I'm trying to think of what to do against him though. If anyone has any ideas post up on that.

metayoshi

Smash Cadet
I was actually playing random computers the other day, and it surprised me how hard it was to go against a Pikachu in Isle Delphino. I didn't have too many problems with Pikachu on other stages, but for some reason, Pikachu on Isle Delphino was really hard to do with ZSS. That's just an experience I had. Pikachu may be a potential ZSS counter?

Top Bottom