• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could this be useful?

Dott

Smash Ace
So yesterday i was practice some new Link techniques to me from a vide that another user posted here, today i tought if i could mix that with an edguarding technique. After a few tries i got something.

So the technique it's very simple, it's just do your bair and cancel it with a ledge waveland. It will be better if you see it, so please take a look.

You can also waveland to a ledge grab.

Also you can use it to grab, drop and regrab a bomb multiple times.

So my question here is, could this be useful? I don't know if any Link player already uses it btw.

Last edited:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You know you can start this with a SH bair > waveland?
And, no, that is a very bad "tech" so nobody should use it.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
SH bair waveland is good, I do not think waveland offstage > DJ bair is useful in any way. Who on Earth is going to get hit by that? Even if the user is facing off-stage and the bairs are onstage, is this supposed to be bad shield pressure or something?
If I think something is bad I will say as much. I said nothing about experimenting, nor did I say that he should not try to be creative, I merely said that this looks bad.

Largo Shogun

Smash Cadet
You came off as rude to more than just me, and I intended to counterbalance it. We are trying to keep a positive atmosphere. Your input is appreciated.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Chill dude.
The topic title was "Could this be useful?", and Nick's answer was "no". That's not rude.

Also, not sure I would ever argue with Nick about tech usefulness... (but seriously #negativeNick should be a thing like...now)

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Recovering at that height is just begging to get hit with arrows, fairs, fsmash, upb, or whatever else you please. You'd look semi-fancy doing those bairs over and over, but hopefully your opponent isn't giving you reason to try in the first place.

Top Bottom