• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Little Mac Be The Best Character In The Game

JanitorOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
JanitorOfTermina
He is not very strong in the air but if Mac gets you on the ground he will destroy you heck he can even do a one hit k.o punch.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
On the 3DS, there's not a whole lot of probably-tournament-legal stages, except for the Omega ones, Battlefield, FD, possibly Yoshi's Island and Jungle Japes. Since he's ground based, he has an advantage on mostly ground based stages, so he's better on Omega, FD, and Jungle Japes. That gives him a lot of wiggle room, stagewise.

In other words, yes.

AcePoe97

Smash Rookie
First things first: Mac is very strong, his ground game is the best in the game by far. But he is easily one of the most punishable characters in the game, all it really takes is one throw off the stage and a air move with even the slightest knockback and he is gone pretty much regardless if he is 0% or 100%. His biggest weakness is people that just stand where they spawn and grab him when he charges. He has to make the other person engage, but that is one of macs most needed points, he has to be able to engage to get momentum. But when he engages, he is vulnerable.

Secondly: His K.O. Punch does not kill at low % it irritates me whenever I see a little mac K.O. Punch me at 0% and expect it to kill

I do think that he is very high up on the tier list, but with how punishable he is I do not believe he is the best. :)

Oilpath99

Smash Cadet
As a Little Mac main, I think he's one of the better characters in the game, but easily not the best. His air game just horribad and once he gets grabbed he's in big trouble.

But his speed, ridiculous tilts, super armor on Smashes and KO punch totally make up for it.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
On the 3DS, there's not a whole lot of probably-tournament-legal stages, except for the Omega ones, Battlefield, FD, possibly Yoshi's Island and Jungle Japes. Since he's ground based, he has an advantage on mostly ground based stages, so he's better on Omega, FD, and Jungle Japes. That gives him a lot of wiggle room, stagewise.

In other words, yes.
Why would Lumiose City not be tournament-legal?

WabbitSeason

Smash Cadet
Sheik is better. God level recovery, needles, aerials, ridiculous combos like f--tilt x20.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Mac's a really polarizing character. Depending on the stage, he can be the best character for the situation or one of the worst. We've been seeing a lot of the former early on because For Glory caters to him so well.

Personally, I think how well he'll do in tournaments--or whether he'll only be viable as a situational-yet-powerful counterpick--depends on stage list size. When the only stages are BF-YI-FD-Omegas, he'll be tough to stop. But if the lists are much bigger, he'll have serious trouble if he's taken somewhere like Brinstar or Reset Bomb Forest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom